BSNL BBG FN Combo 600 :: Anyone using it ?

• Thread starter Thread starter horizonrays
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,160

horizonrays

ISP
BSNL
Hey to all broadband forum member .

http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/New_BB_postpaid.htm

For Broadband plans where bandwidth is 1Mbps or more, the up-linking will be maximum upto 768 kbps. that's what link says .

well just wanted to ask to those who use this plan , are they getting 768Kbps up link ? which will be 96KBps will should be around 75Kbps in actuality ? Anyone getting anything around that ?

For those who use thing plan do give me some feedback .

As far as my experience goes : over all satisfied with bsnl , what bothers me is up-linking not able to do the proper Skype video conversation , it's too slow for smooth experience .

I am not attempting to answer your question but I hope I can help you resolve your problem. I suggest you should immediately install some free traffic monitor so that you will be able to actually see the usage. Your Skype could be affected by low speed of the link but it may also get affected because some other application may be hogging upload bandwidth. This will become obvious once you monitor traffic.Another tip: What is your camera resolution? Please set it to 640x480 or lower. A high resolution will consume upload bandwidth.

Oopsie. I only recently opted for one of the ULD plans. My c 600 fn plan expires tonight but there is no way I can check that up-link now. I got the modem reconfigured (for multi-play) yesterday.

So... All that up/down link/stream values have changed. So has my IP from the 59.x to 117.x

Will chk and get back.

----------

Forget the fact I did not notice the uplink values.

If you are talking about video call experience, I did face the odd lag/freeze over FaceTime. Not tried Skype. But I assume it should be similar to FaceTime.

Dunno if this helps, though.

well thanks for reply folks , 640*480 ? man , i am using 320*240 and it's still lagging as anything .and as a matter of fact i do not use any other thing while using skype or any messenger . it's not just skype , msn , yahoo , all faces same problem due to low upload speed , i have been to exchange , and asked them to change my profile but they do not know how to do it , as strange as it may sound , i just want to confirm what other people are getting , for this connection , if sync rate is the same as i am getting , i wont search for SDE , if you people are getting higher sync rate , and higher speed , i will go and meet SDE , thanks .

With 320x240 your Skype should be pretty smooth.I still feel you should use a traffic monitor. You never know if there is some software lurking in your system that is transmitting some data and slowing down all other uploads. The traffic monitor will help you rule it out.

I still feel you should use a traffic monitor.

Hi, Can you suggest one ?

I have home combo 600 plan and I was a satisfied customer of BSNL till last year. After I shifted to a new place in same city of Pune, I have a very bad experience with BSNL. Now the download speed never ever crosses 120-130 KBps and the upload speed max 15KBps !!! What the hell is happening ? Due to very very low upload speed I'm not able to maintain my torrent ratios. BSNL needs privatization immediately.

I have home combo 600 plan and I was a satisfied customer of BSNL till last year. After I shifted to a new place in same city of Pune, I have a very bad experience with BSNL. Now the download speed never ever crosses 120-130 KBps and the upload speed max 15KBps !!! What the hell is happening ? Due to very very low upload speed I'm not able to maintain my torrent ratios. BSNL needs privatization immediately.
truly said urpradhan , after change of plan , i am also facing the problem ,
before i changed my plan my upload speeds were 32-40 now it's stuck on 25Kbps .

as for daddy cool ,
i monitored the whole system :p
with and without skype ,
command called > netstat :p i did not see anything fishy there , everything is fine ,
i left my modem on for 2 hour so , not much changed , so i conclude that my system is free from anything .
anyway problem is that bsnl server is not syncing with modem at proper speed ,
my current modem sync rate is 256/2048 , even service is great , i do not thinking it will cross 25-28kbps mark for upload ,
that's why i wanted to confirm what are they giving . more over , sync rate for 512kbps unlimited is 768/2048 and they have higher upload rates , i have checked that at my friends house he is using that .

i have tested my speed on various site , it never crossed 25kbps for upload rate .
even bsnl speed test site give 23kbps upload rate . ofcourse all test were conducted nothing running in background , after confirming with netstat status .

well urpradhan
can you tell me your moden and dslam syncspeed ? mine is 2048/256 current , before change of plan it was 2048/768

----------

dilip i can suggest you one , i have used for years ,
Bandwidth Monitor - Monitor Bandwidth, Network Bandwidth Monitor, Bandwidth Monitor Software

may be you can also give a try to

FreeMeter Bandwidth Monitor For Windows | Download FreeMeter Bandwidth Monitor For Windows software for free at SourceForge.net

Hi, Can you suggest one ?
There are two I use. One is Bitmeter which is quite small and has a small active window that shows traffic. This is good for a overall, collective traffic monitor.
The other is a plug in component with Advanced System Care. I don't use it much but only when I need to analyse traffic individually.

----------

@horizonrays - If you have done all that and found there is no unaccounted for, unusual traffic going out of your system, it is time you drive your ISP up the wall.

Back