BSNL Broadband BBG Combo UL 2250 in Gurgaon (175GB at 4mbps)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 644
  • Views Views 65,286
paid the final bill yesterday. hopefully that's the end of it. still not sure what to do with my airtel mobile connection. mobile number portability scares me.

I'am moving to the same plan from BB HOME COMBO ULD 900.On the selfcare site site I see the following plans among many others:1:BBG COMBO ULD 2150 - 4 MB / 256 Kbps2:BBG COMBO ULD 2150 Committed - 4 MB / 256 Kbps3:BBG ULD 2150 - 4 MB / 256 Kbps4:BBG ULD 2150 Committed - 4 MB / 256 Kbps5:BBG UL 21506:BBG COMBO ULD 21507:BBG ULD 2150 COMMITTED8:BBG COMBO ULD 2150 COMMITTEDYou would do me a great favour if you could tell me what plan is shown on your account (selfcare site or bill).I'am applying for plan change in pondicherry which comes under tn circle and 4Mbps 175 GB plan is available here.PS.What the heck does COMMITTED mean(Annual plan?).

Incorrect. I've been on 8+ mbps plans and have been allocated the 59.x.x.x range from 117.x.x.x. Plus, from my experience, this only happens if your plan price is 2k or above. In this case, it's well over 2k.

@Chromaniac,

Unfortunately, the 59.x.x.x range is heavily mismanaged so expect poor pings to poor speeds and everything impossible you can think of. I was on this specific plan which you subscribed and moved back to 1700 (4mbps up-to 100gb) within 2 days as I lost access 117.x.x.x range and speed was pathetic, even when my port sync rate was setup properly.

While I can't guarantee the above to be same for you (since, different states) - I recommend waiting until your port sync rates are setup properly. They should be more than 5mbps down and around 1mbps up. Here's the speed you should be getting :

P.S, no need to be jealous of the speed and ping above, they are crappy in the morning (around 2mbps/200+ pings)

I got a BSNL connection specifically for this plan in pondicherry.(I have disconnected my Airtel 2Mbps 175 GB plan).I'am moving from ULD 900 which I got as a trial connection to ULD 2150.I would be using it for downloads only(mostly HD content).the latency doesnt bother me.Would you recommend it for this usecase?.
PS.8Mbps?Which plan are you using?Is it unlimited?.

I've been looking for a good internet connection in DLF Phase 3 area. You Telecom is what I have right now and my choices are either upgrading to the 10mbps till 30gb and then 2mbps unlimited for 1650 or this BSNL 4mbps/175gb plan for 2150. Which one would you folks recommend?

You is generally good in Gurgaon from what I've seen. Moreover, how are you currently finding the service? How much data would you need?

You is generally good in Gurgaon from what I've seen. Moreover, how are you currently finding the service? How much data would you need?

I only recently moved to this place and the people living here are sufficiently happy at the current You connection but I have convinced them of the need for a faster connection :P The current plan is a dual speed 512/1mbps plan with no FUP, not that a 512 can use a lot anyway.

I've used You for 10-12 days so far and it seems to be stable enough, has only gone down once so far for about 20 mins. Switching to the 10mbps/2mbps plan will give a better idea and we can only switch when the current billing cycle ends or we lose the money paid for the connection so far. Thats lame. I wanted to explore the BSNL option so if it seems stable enough for downloads and gaming I would jump on it.

I cant play much on the 512 connection to give an accurate gaming ping assessment for the You connection.

You is provided via co-ax, you're bound to get much better pings as compared to adsl(airtel, bsnl, tata comm)!

Oh, I didnt know that. I thought You was copper. Probably upgrade in 10 days and see how it goes. I would have gone for BSNL FTTH had it been a bit cheaper, its way too expensive!

The YOU setup, I'd seen at my friend's place had a co-ax terminating into a Motorola cable modem. Are you getting the cat5 cable directly from you, rather than coax ?EDITOf course, the core would be copper, if that is what you're referring to.

Back