BSNL Broadband BBG Combo UL 2250 in Gurgaon (175GB at 4mbps)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 644
  • Views Views 65,286
well i got the phone and the modem. modem is on rental. 500 rupees initial and 50 rupees monthly i believe. 250 bucks for the phone instrument.so basically... 500 rupees for installation. 500 rupees security deposit (for god knows what). and one month rental as security deposit! how is that cheap? :D

Well thats one of the bad things of BSNL I guess.... That you need to pay one whole month deposit, but yes it is very much refunded or atleast supposed to be :D when you cancel or even downgrade.

lol. so what are my payment options. i cannot pay with my own card. would have to use mom's credit card. would have to see about that securecode thing. have not used it online in a very long time.

On a separate note (Aircel, actually RPG) took 5000 security deposit from my dad in the late 90s. When I came to know of it a year ago, I was shocked, that they had coolly retained it though for the past many years a connection could be obtained with no or very little deposit of even 500 rupees. I made him contact them, write a letter and get 4500 rupees back in the form of a cheque. And he still cherishes being with the network for around 15 years now :|And on that note, you do need to write to BSNL Accounts Officer or someone (I vaguely remember someone else talking about this another thread recently - 1/2 days ago) to actually get that money... :D

I am not questioning the amount taken earlier or later. They should return back the excess money they are holding. Just to draw a comparison, this happens even in US. But as per new(er) laws (only vague idea) any money that is lying idle in even gift cards (or even prepaid cards, not what kinds, but I guess which are not mapped to a specific individual) for more than a stipulated number of years need to be consolidated and submitted to the government, the company cannot simply "keep" the money, which in a way is kind of unaccounted profit they are holding on to.

as you said they probably just bet on people not asking it back. like you said about bsnl. i have never seeked back money from airtel. :\ i never kept receipts. i wonder what i have to save to seek these security deposits when i would disconnect the bsnl connection in the future.i have saved the pdf copy online. i wonder if this would be enough?

Well you have taken the pdf.. Keep that safely. I too am hoping that since times have improved, with technology, everything is on computers, and a simple letter to the right person (following proper process or whatever) should suffice to get it back

righto. i wonder how much money i gave airtel extra just through these refundable deposits. :D anyways. would be careful with bsnl. :)

I failed to get back around 100 rupees which I had paid as advance rental from Reliance, in the month phone stopped working as they simply refused to listen to me. I am left thankful to that one nodal officer who managed to get rid of the additional amount they claimed I owed on a non working connection even after I had disconnected it.

Back