• Thread starter Thread starter puneet28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,746

puneet28

InsanE
ISP
Hostel LAN - I think 100MBPs :P
Last Month, I filed an application to re-activate my broadband connection (which I disconnected because I was out of town for long time). I assumed that I won't be charged any installation charges this time because everything has been done already and they just had to activate my connection from their side.
But as Bill comes today, I am charged for Rs. 250 as Installation Charges. This doesn't seem fair. :(
Please help me. Can these be adjusted any way ?

I think you had the option of safe custody, but then its the same or more cost. Well, I dont blame them, as far as they are concerned its a new connection. Have you been given a new number , cutsomer ID etc ? If so, I guess there is no argument possible.. literally.

Agree with above. I think safe custody is also not free.

Yup, its 50 in urban & 30 in rural areas. And by long I am assuming you mean 6 months atleast. So it would come close to 200 rupees or more in any case. Retaining number is the reason one could have gone for it over surrendering.

What did they tell you at the time of surrendering. Also I am thinking its not a transfer as such.
From their perspective if anyone who could do what you want to be done, who would be crazy to go for safe custody?
And by the way what is the period between surrendering and now.

about 4 months. See we have Landline active through that period. Broadband was disconnected for 4 months and As Summer approached, I came back home after exams and re-activated it.
Username got changed but all the wiring etc... was same as before. So whats the point of paying installation charges ?
And How those One Month advanced charges will be adjusted ? At time of disconnection ??
By the way I have filed an online complaint. Lets see what happens..

Back