BSNL Broadband: Common Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter kanishka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 71,472
BSNL's Southern Selfcare Portal seems to have got updated recently and the columns in usage details are now named wrongly. The 'Total Download Volume' and 'Total Upload Volume' columns in 'Broadband Summary Details' are now mixed up such that the total downloads show under upload volume and vice versa.

I guess BSNL is the best internet service provider in India. Can any one say when 8mbps plan in Rs.1000 Per Month is launching in Bhubaneswar.

I am using calcutta telephone broadband 550C plan since last 5 yrs. My modem is Nokia siemens modem c2110. 7days back suddenly my modems link / yellow light started blinking & not stopped blinking. Thus I am unable to connect broadband. I logged a call assuming it as BSNL problem. But they told me that BSNL line is OK & modem is not working , need to replace the modem. That day I pressed reset button. after restarting the modem , the yellow light stopped blinking , I was able to connect the internet. I did not switched it off for 2 days & it worked fine. After 2 days I switched off & I again switched it on immediately - the yellow light became steady . I did not used PC then & I powered off all & went away. In the evening , when I switched on the modem , the yellow light never became steady. It is blinking even I tried to reset it , power off - on atleast 50 times ; but the yellow light is still blinking & I am unable to connect internet. Pls advise.

For BSNL broadband the modem is on rent basis and it takes Rs.25 each month for this. For any failure of modem they will replace it as it is the norm. But recently I heard that this service is withdrawn, that means if modem goes kaput then BSNL will not change it, then why we paying monthly rental. Can anyone confirm on this?

It is true that BSNL have stpped supplying modems. If they have spare at exchange you will get it.

I have a Linksys WRT54G router (WIFI) connected to a Beetel 110TC1 modem.
Can anyone guide me as to how to configure both the devices in order to have a DHCP connection?

i have an BSNL non Wifi modem Huawei MT882, i had got an ZTE wifi modem 531B which does not work , but the wifi is working in it. so i thought of using it as wifi router from my non wifi huawei modem, though my mobile can recognize the ZTE wifi, but the data transfer not take place. how to resolve this?simply saying, i have to use ZTE 531B as a wifi router combied with my huawei 882 modem, please help.

These are some comman isseu and i can also face these type of problem while i am using BSNL broadband net connection.

Back