BSNL Broadband: Common Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter kanishka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 71,472
Internet Plan Speed = Actual Download Speed = ~Download per/Hour128kbps = 16KB/s = ~50mb p/hr.256kbps = 32KB/s = ~100mb p/hr.512kbps = 64KB/s = ~200mb p/hr.1mbps = 128KB/s = ~400mb p/hr.2mbps = 256KB/s = ~800mb p/hr.4mbps = 512KB/s = ~1600mb p/hr.

Hi guys,
I have a problem, which the BSNL guys have, typically, been unable to solve.

I have a BSNL connection with a Type 2 modem(ZTE 531B). This is connected to my Desktop and the net connection is fine.

Now I wanted to enable the enable the wireless so that I could use net in my laptops also, inside my home. On asking about this they asked me to change a few settings(Enable wireless, give and said and all that). Even though my laptop was able to recognize the connection it was unable to connect to it citing low security as the reason.

I changed the security to WPA-PSK, from shared which is what the BSNL guys said. The laptop then gets connected to the network but shows not internet access. Even the 198.162.1.1 site opens in the wireless network, but the network connection shows no internet access and the web pages don't load.

Any suggestion would be appreciated as, I have a feeling i'm just a step away from getting this right and am getting really frustrated!!!

u can't share internet if u connect to internet from your desktop.
1st u have to open modem page http://192.168.1.1 user/pass: admin
then enter your user/pass provided by ISP into Modem PPPoe configuration.
then only u can wifi it to laptop, at the same time use internet on desktop PC.
if succeed at it u wont need to manually connect from desktop as modem will automatically connect u to internet

if u intend to use only BB from BSNLsince they force u to take landline No.take incoming only 99/- from them.say no to telephone.then apply for BB after landline is fixed & u got phone No.say purchasing modem from BSNL

anybody facing speed problems in kolkata? (north region)

----------

crazy speed on 750UL

How to configure the username and password into the modem ?
I require this to be done as I need to connect my Tata Sky set top box
to the modem via an ethernet cable

Mention modem/model number. supplied by Tata Sky.Check whether listed in "Sticky" guide WA3002-g4 quick reference guide above.Re post with normal fonts in Tata Indicom or Tatasky forum.

Mention modem/model number. supplied by Tata Sky.
Check whether listed in "Sticky" guide WA3002-g4 quick reference guide above.

Re post with normal fonts in Tata Indicom or Tatasky forum.

BSNL modem is WA 3002 G4 and tatasky HD+ settop box is model no. TDS865NTS

By the way, where do I get "Sticky" guide WA 3002 G4?

By the way, where do I get "Sticky" guide WA 3002 G4?
see just above the title normal threads ! 6 sticky posts are listed.
You are already in the "Sticky" wicket ( forum ) including this thread.

dude here's the thing i have downloaded a file of 3.89 gb which is of 4.08 gb in the free hours if i want to download it in the remaining hours will i be charged??

dude here's the thing i have downloaded a file of 3.89 gb which is of 4.08 gb in the free hours if i want to download it in the remaining hours will i be charged??
Yes. You will be charged.

Back