• Thread starter Thread starter ashutosh_x
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 135
  • Views Views 35,778
This is not my own statement entirely.

Last Month in April They Did so.

See this Link for more clarifications
.:Double Bandwidth Speed:.

And This is not the first time they are doing so.

First time they did so because airtel also did so for a month. This time Airtel and Reliance have confirmed increase in the their speeds effective from June 1st and this time they are not doing it for a month or so. Hence, we have no reason to believe that BSNL will not follow them this time too.

All we need to find out is : is this some scheme where you can transfer a few GBs at 512 kbps and after those GBs are exhausted, the speed gets back to 256.
I think BSNL guys might be able to answer this.

Yay !! Double speeds again !!Hope they permanently keep it !!I guess competition from Airtel and Tata has forced the BSNL babu's to change their tariff!

I thkink you are talking about fair usage policy of BSNL. Let me give u a link which will explain that

Here u go
https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/52729-bsnl-broadband-fair-usage-policy-new-plans/

Had seen it before. They now have a bunch of schemes, including those that enforce a 'fair' usage policy. What I am not able to guess is, the speed upgrade to 512 kbps is with this fair usage policy attached or it is simply equivalent to 512 unlimited that you presently get it for 1350/-.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Yay !! Double speeds again !!

Hope they permanently keep it !!

I guess competition from Airtel and Tata has forced the BSNL babu's to change their tariff!

I dont think tata has raised its speeds yet. Not in Pune at least to the best of my knowledge.

Had seen it before. They now have a bunch of schemes, including those that enforce a 'fair' usage policy. What I am not able to guess is, the speed upgrade to 512 kbps is with this fair usage policy attached or it is simply equivalent to 512 unlimited that you presently get it for 1350/-.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

I dont think tata has raised its speeds yet. Not in Pune at least to the best of my knowledge.

Sorry. Typo. It will be reliance.

Guys,

I think BSNL has doubled its speed again. I am getting 50+ download speed for a Home unlimited 256 connection. Looks like BSNL has upgraded its speed to 512 kbps.
Strange are the ways of BSNL.
Please confirm if others are experiencing the same.

Ashutosh

yep...bsnl has doubled its speed but only for one day (i think so)..coz today (01-06-2010) i'm gettin' normal speed i.e 30-35kbps..!!!

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

bsnl really sucks.!!!!
i'm gettin' 30-35kbps ..!!!(01-06-2010)...
i got 60kbps only for one day.!!!!!(31-05-2010)....

yep...bsnl has doubled its speed but only for one day (i think so)..coz today (01-06-2010) i'm gettin' normal speed i.e 30-35kbps..!!!

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

bsnl really sucks.!!!!
i'm gettin' 30-35kbps ..!!!(01-06-2010)...
i got 60kbps only for one day.!!!!!(31-05-2010)....

Others, please check their respective connections if you can and comment.
I will be able to check mine once I am back from office.

Back