Bsnl Broadband giving 4mbps speed post fup this month as promotional offer

• Thread starter Thread starter xstarm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 184
  • Views Views 46,517
My situation is very odd. I am getting a speed of 2.5 mbps. So neither it's post FUP speed nor it's the one I was getting till Sunday. Any advice please??

2.5 Mbps which in all possibility is a speedtest.net result is actually 2 Mbps !

Did anyone notice, the speed drop has also blocked many torrent websites. The websites simply refuse to connect, I think there's some issue with BSNL's infrastructure. Maybe it couldn't handle the traffic.

^^ no blocked sites on my end ...torrents work fine..what sites are you referring to?

My situation is very odd. I am getting a speed of 2.5 mbps. So neither it's post FUP speed nor it's the one I was getting till Sunday. Any advice please??
Getting the same thing here,in speedtest it starts at 3+ mbps and then slowly creeps down to show 2.5 or so mbps.

Twitter response is the same for multiple complaints on this issue - "
Thanks for your feedback/complaint. We will take immediate action to resolve it at the earliest." They have no clue, we are clueless... it's time to let go and let it be as it is..

Ok so i got the number of the NIB section in my district and called them,told them everything .They said they'll look into this ,obviously one call wasn't gonna do this so i had to call them atleast 15 more times in span of 2 hours and i guess they got fed up and finally when i opened my browser i got the message to click "happy browsing".:cool:
Now i am getting 3.3-3.4 mbps in speedtests and actual dowload speeds of about 410-425kBps.
Good for now i guess.
Advice for anyone,call the NIB regarding speed matters,these morons at exchange are clueless about these things.
Was a hassle ,but i suppose they too would have done nothing if i hadn't called them like a million times,so keep nagging these lazy morons.Thats the only way . sigh

Back