BSNL Broadband is blocking file sharing and other websites once again

Safe ?

see I daily using free VPNs in BSNL Broadband for to download files from blocked sites.
in June 2014, BSNL Blocked some sites due to Sony SIX filed a case on 100+ sites this includes video streaming sites aslo.

so Will BSNL ban VPN Services in near future?

Last edited:
it is not that easy to block VPN services. china has dedicated staff to monitor and block VPN and even they find it hard to block it 100%. And with the kind of crappy tech and hardware Indian ISPs have my guess is that it is not going to happen anytime soon.

I don't think they have the required competency to block VPNs. Also, even if they do, there are a lot of approaches you can take to still be able to browse blocked websites. yinghuocho/firefly-proxy · GitHub is one of the softwares which will allow you to bypass VPN blocking. Chinese people have tons of these projects on GitHub that they use to bypass the "Great Firewall", and I am sure anything BSNL could implement would be 10x easier to bypass than the Chinese Great Firewall.

Ask any bsnl employee, even management, most of them don't know what a VPN is.

Last edited:
If the government suddenly realizes that VPNs are becoming popular in the country and tries to cross the limits of sanity, we might see an order one day blocking access to consumer VPN services.

VPNs are used by corporates to access overseas servers securely. They are also used by company employees working from home. So a blanket ban is never going to happen.

And of course, there are just so many options out there... The effort would be futile. But annoying of course.

Back