BSNL Broadband is blocking file sharing and other websites once again

VPNs will never be banned. they are mostly used for legit purposes only not just downloading bypassing firewalls

You'd be surprised. The Chinese government bans VPNs, and if ISPs say so, the Indian government would happily introduce some law to ban VPNs.

chinese government has a very large scale censorship program. western companies actually provide technologies to implement this ban (Cisco is a well known company doing it). and to work in china, you have to agree to government's conditions. so i can imagine that the government has a program for these companies allowing their employees to connect to company vpns for official work.

consumer vpns are a totally different category. governments can technically whitelist corporate vpns and block the public ones. though workarounds are always going to be there.

There are many kinds of VPN some are easily blockable but there are many protocol that are very hard to block as hard as it require entire internet to shut down.

Is anyone experiencing a blocked site by the security company Imperva on BSNL . Today morning while visiting a website(coupons.com) I am getting this error message

My DNS is NextDNS (which I havent set blocking for this website) and VPN doesnt seem to bypass this error message also
1597806337500.webp

The Public IP you are seeing is a VPN Ip and I dont understand where is the blocking occuring

Same error here.

Screenshot_20200819-095929.webp

Imperva deals with Web Application Firewall (WAF), looks like Coupons.com have deployed it for their website and has blocked most of the Indian IP addresses. 😅

Last edited by a moderator:

Back