BSNL Broadband is blocking file sharing and other websites once again

Still not loading for me. My exchange internet guy still insists their is no block but can't provide a resolution. Guess VPN is the way forward for me. Thanks for the replies everyone. If their is any update or change in status kindly lemme know.

Daily motion - white page
Mega.co.nz - working
Tusfiles.net is finally unblocked!

Some other file sharing sites have been unblocked as well!

Nope, i still get white page! I'm in Punjab region.
Anyway i don't use dailymotion. I'm glad that some file sharing sites are now unblocked because i was tired of using VPN.

Yes , Dailymotion and some other websites which used some pirated contents was blocked by bsnl. OpenDNS and google dns will not work.I tried these methods and they worked only for the first time.About 6 months back Delhi high court bans over 400 websites from showing FIFA world cup.At that time only bsnl and mtnl are the only ISPs who followed that order.
Delhi high court bans over 400 websites from showing FIFA World Cup 2014 - The Times of India
It may be possible that this happens to prevent spreading of pirated copies of movie pk.
Video sharing sites blocked on court order - The Times of India
Besides who will pay $6/month to use good VPN server.

Last edited:
I have BSNL too (Kolkata) and I am facing the same problem. Other than dailymotion, I'm also getting a blank page for Vimeo, Your Videos Belong Here Incidentally both are video sharing sites and unlike Youtube, these two sites don't censor the content uploaded by users. I wonder if that's the reason for blocking these sites. OMG, are we turning into China/Saudi Arabia now?

Back