BSNL Broadband is blocking file sharing and other websites once again

I'm not able to access some sites normal way but if I go through its accessible. Is this any kinda unofficial censorship? :uncomfortableness: :suspicion: :Boy Think: :dont-know:

Hi,

I am using BSNL broadband services with the 4 MBPS combo plan. A couple of days ago I noticed that 2 of the sites that I frequently used are no longer accessible to be. These are dailymotion.com and mega.co.nz.
When I try to access these, their is only a blank white page, which makes me believe these sites have been blocked by BSNL. Although when I contacted the customer care an hour ago, they don't seem to have any information regarding any blocks.
Is anyone else on BSNL (In Gurgaon or elsewhere) unable to access these websites or any more? And if that be the case, can someone please tell me of any ways to be able to access them somehow. I have tried certain proxies or Google/Open DNS but they are either inaccessible or the pages/videos either don't load or load really slowly.

Any help from your side would be deeply appreciated. I have a premium account on mega and I need it for business purposes a lot. If I can't access it on BSNL, I may have to switch to another service provider.

Last edited:
you do understand that they should work through proxy? if they are not working through a proxy, bsnl has nothing to do with it.

you do understand that they should work through proxy? if they are not working through a proxy, bsnl has nothing to do with it.

I can open the websites through some proxies while with others the pages don't load. On the proxies that the pages do open, the videos (in case of dailymotion) and files (In case of mega) are uploaded/downloaded really slowly despite the 4 MBPS connection. I was able to access both sites and view/download/upload stuff with normal speeds without any issues 7-10 days ago. But now irrespective of the browser or device (Phone or PC), their is a blank white page when I try to browse directly. With CERTAIN proxies, I can open both of them but then the issue is of inability to play videos or the play/DL/UL being much-2 slower than usual.

Hence why I thought they might have been blocked by the ISP. And if anyone else is facing the same problem in and around Gurgaon, I would appreciate feedback from them. If its only myself facing the issue, then I will go to the exchange and ask for clarification, but if others too are facing similar issues, then kindly provide me with a solution to access them at normal speeds/levels if you can.

I would appreciate it.

i no longer have a bsnl connection at my place here in gurgaon so cannot test with you.
both dailymotion and mega opens for me on reliance broadband with google public dns.
bsnl customer support is unlikely to be of any help regarding random blocks on online services.
you can try complaining through the pgportal. it should work better with bsnl compared to reliance for me.
if you have an option for a different ISP, get it. otherwise, get a good quality VPN service to continue with your work.

i no longer have a bsnl connection at my place here in gurgaon so cannot test with you.
both dailymotion and mega opens for me on reliance broadband with google public dns.
bsnl customer support is unlikely to be of any help regarding random blocks on online services.
you can try complaining through the pgportal. it should work better with bsnl compared to reliance for me.
if you have an option for a different ISP, get it. otherwise, get a good quality VPN service to continue with your work.

Thank you for the reply. I need to access mega regularly to upload and download files pertaining to my work. Dailymotion not too big a deal, though I am a sports fan and a lot of fan videos/press conferences/interviews do get uploaded on DM, so I access it quite a lot. I have tried GoogleDNS but it didn't help me here. The issue still persists.
I do agree with you regarding BSNL customer service, they are unlikely to be of much help. If the issue doesn't get resolved, then I will have to consider switching to airtel. Reliance guys don't provide wired services in my area for some reason.
I have never used VPN before. Can you advise me regarding which ones I should try since I have no knowledge/experience pertaining to them.

Back