• Thread starter Thread starter farmboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5,502

farmboy

Regular
ISP
BSNL 1000 upto 2 Mbps
There seems to be a change for the better in implementation of BSNL broadband plan change nowadays.Earlier BSNL used to wait for first of every month for implementing the broadband plan change but now they do it within a few days .I applied for plan change on 25-1-2011 evening,since 26-1-2011 was a holiday my plan got changed on 31-1-2011 morning.Actually it seems to have changed even earlier but due to misunderstanding the wrong user id was conveyed to me earlier.So the actual change took place on perhaps on 29-1-2011 as I was first informed about the wrong user id on that day.30-1-2011 was a Sunday.From the above it can be infered that the actual plan change took 3 working days : 27,28,29 January,2011.So now it seems they dont wait for the first of each month for changing the broadband plan.Please share your experiences good or bad ,if you have any regarding the broadband plan change.

To more elaborate on this :They were using old software till sometime, then changed to CDR type billing. After you apply for plan change, it happens in the next 24 hours. For me, I applied for plan change on 14th of a month, it was active from 14th midnight, which is 15th :)

To more elaborate on this :
They were using old software till sometime, then changed to CDR type billing. After you apply for plan change, it happens in the next 24 hours. For me, I applied for plan change on 14th of a month, it was active from 14th midnight, which is 15th :)

Thanks for the info.

I noticed the following changes also :

A) My IP changed from 59 xxxxxx to 117 xxxxx

B) Earlier I was able to check my usage in a jiffy from Dataone portal ,now I am not able to check it as BSNL has started using a useless portal called Self care which takes ages to open.For me it has not opened properly even once :(

Some one close to BSNL please ask them to get rid of this weaver thing where the circle keeps goin round and round and never opens !

Simple opening of the portal as in the previous case was better.

C) Download speed has decreased,upload speed has increased.In other words the "difference" between the upload and download speed numbers has decreased after change of plan.
By the way earlier it was Home 1000 and now it is Home 1000 Unlimited.

I took this H 1000 unlimited as I saw on a website that BSNL will be upgrading the speeds from midnight 1 February,2011 for unlimited plans but I doubt that will happen since so far I am getting less than 1 mbps speed.
If that happens then I should get about 2mbps speed from midnight onwards.

Let's keep fingers crossed :)

Earlier BSNL used to wait for first of every month for implementing the broadband plan change but now they do it within a few days .

That was few months back.

Please share your experiences good or bad ,if you have any regarding the broadband plan change.

We at Nilgiris are gifted enough to have our plan shifting done the same day !

I took this H 1000 unlimited as I saw on a website that BSNL will be upgrading the speeds from midnight 1 February,2011 for unlimited plans but I doubt that will happen since so far I am getting less than 1 mbps speed.
If that happens then I should get about 2mbps speed from midnight onwards.

Let's keep fingers crossed :)

Which website where ?

I ask because now its 6th of January and I have not experienced any change in speeds.

Which website where ?

I ask because now its 6th of January and I have not experienced any change in speeds.

.:COMBO BB Unlimited:.

But local BSNL Customer care says they dont have any clue about this.

I am not even getting 1 mbps speed for BBG 1000 ULD plan :(

hmmm if they really upgrade their speeds for UL connections that would be a miracle but then again knowing them they might take along time to implement it and when they do some places might get upgraded while others will be be waiting for a long time :(

Back