BSNL Broadband Plan Change Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter amith_mysore
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 192
  • Views Views 131,746
Hope you got a 14 digit Usage portal ID and PW password
from your exchange. Log in BSNL Portal
Keep your consumer number ( from telephone bill) ready.
Check the usage.
If last column shows 0 for each day, you have migrated to Home 750 U/L
Happy surfing.

Sample page for users with ID abcd [email protected] IP 59.xx.xx.xx
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8859/bsnlhomeul1350usagedece.png

Hello guys.

I was using Home 500 plan (256 Kbps/Upto 2Mbps) in which I used to get the download speed of 220 to 230 Kbps.

Now when I've shifted to Home 1000 plan (384 Kbps/Upto 2Mbps) in which I'm getting the download speed of 170 to 210 kbps.

I think I should get atleast 340 to 360 kbps of download speed with Home 1000 plan.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

For last five days I was just wandering round and round from one BSNL officer to another, but no one has given me the satisfactory reason or answer.

Infact today I've faced the extreme worst condition when the JTO-OCB (Head of Broadband Section) said that this is the best speed I can get in Home 1000 plan.

Is this true ?

When I talked to 1800-424-1600 (BSNL BB Customer Care), they also said they cant do anything to this.

Please tell me what download speed one should get in Home 1000 plan.

Desperately waiting for your replies.

I have applied for a plan change but the selfcare portal does not shows any details. Also there is no option to see my usage on the portal. Is this expected?? Please see the attached screen shots for details.
http://img694.imageshack.us/i/screenshot1hw.jpg/
http://img694.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2ct.jpg/

Hi Users I have a simple query that needs an answer. I have been running on Home750 plan till October last year and in the last week of October I applied for a change of plan - to Home1350. The letter for the change of plan was submitted on 30th of October and the new plan came into effect right away from 1st of November as expected. But in the bill for the month of October I was shocked to see that I was charged 750+1350 (+taxes) in total although I had to pay only 750 for the month of October. Later when I checked the Broadband forums I got to know that BSNL takes a 'hidden' security deposit of amount equivalent to the higher plan when the User shifts from a lower plan to a higher plan and that this security deposit amount would then be returned any time when the User rolls back to the lower plan.Now I have been using Home1350 plan for 3 months - November, December and January. I was in high hopes that on the Republic day BSNL might revise the prices of all the current plans or might introduce new unlimited plans, but its really sad that neither happened this time. Now I am left with no other choice but to move back to my original plan as I feel that internet is slowly becoming an expensive affair. So my basic query is if I now move back to my lower plan, would the security deposit of Rs. 1350 taken earlier in the month of October at the time of plan change, be refunded? If yes, then would it be adjusted in the bill for the month of January 2010?Waiting for your valuable comments,Regards,Naveed9989660786Hyderabad

It should get adjusted in your subsequent bills. However, there are 90% chances that the security deposit adjustment won't reflect in your future bill(s). Its better to separately apply to the AOTR for an adjustment immediately after you switch to a lower plan. Trust me, its gonna be a big hassle..!

An user reported that refund will happen only if you disconnect your connection. Not sure though.

Another few questions from my side:I changed from plan 1350 (512 kbps UL) to plan 2799 (8 mbps 50 gb limit) which was provisioned on Sunday morning Jan 24th.1. The portal shows about 8.8 GB downloaded til now BUT shows almost entire 8.2 GB as "chargeable"! Is that normal?2. How come so much is marked "chargeable units" when I should have about 12 GB as part of my quota for the remaining week of Jan?3. I was earlier on old NIB1 and moved to new NIB2 for this plan, yet my IP address is still 59xxxx range and it was 117xxxx only for the first day or so, is this normal and no cause for concern?

Back