BSNL Broadband Plan Change Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter amith_mysore
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 192
  • Views Views 131,746
yea if they charge 8 - 10 gb that is about 3k to 4k rupees over the standard 2.8 k !

deleted

@vishalrao,This issue was discussed several times before. Even if the portal shows "Provisioned" for your new plan, the effect in billing cycle always happens from the 1st of the following month. You will however note a speed change according to your new plan but the new billing generally happens from the next month. This issue happened with me when I changed from Home 500 to Home 750 UL. The portal showed "Provisioned" for me from the 12th of the month so I assumed that I was on a UL plan but was later shocked to see a huge bill the next month. Luckily, the amt was not huge. Anyways, I am not sure if BSNL still follows this policy.

Technically it was not that huge since I had to pay an extra 300 bucks for my usage. But if I add it to my monthly rental with call charges, then its huge..!

ok then in my case if it was not yet provisioned it should be still considered UL ?! :Di have a feeling i will have to go argue/fight with the buggers next month :D

Simply check the chargeable units. If it is still zero, you are on unlimited plan.Once it changes to an integer, the plan change occurred.

yea thats why i posted the following questions, coz most of the 8.8gb units are marked chargeable even though im supposed to have about 12gb part of my quota - else it should be UL if plan not provisioned fully?

Another few questions from my side:

I changed from plan 1350 (512 kbps UL) to plan 2799 (8 mbps 50 gb limit) which was provisioned on Sunday morning Jan 24th.

1. The portal shows about 8.8 GB downloaded til now BUT shows almost entire 8.2 GB as "chargeable"! Is that normal?

2. How come so much is marked "chargeable units" when I should have about 12 GB as part of my quota for the remaining week of Jan?

3. I was earlier on old NIB1 and moved to new NIB2 for this plan, yet my IP address is still 59xxxx range and it was 117xxxx only for the first day or so, is this normal and no cause for concern?

I recently changed my plan from 2 mbps Home 500 to 2 mbps unlimited 1100. My problem is when I checked in the useage portal they have given it has a new connection. Actually it should have been a migration or plan change from existing plan. I am not sure if this would affect the billing and I would be charged more. However, I would also like to know if there would be any securoty deposit for this plan change.

Back