• Thread starter Thread starter uglymaggot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 19,688

uglymaggot

ISP
BSNL
hello
i am an online gamer and have a bsnl 256 unlimited conn i use my ps3 to game online but i suffer high ping times even on asia servers.

heres my adsl status (modem is ut300r2u)

ADSL Firmware Version: E.37.5.3
Line State: Showtime/Data
Modulation: ADSL2+
Local/Remote Tx Power: 1.21 dB / 1.95 dB
Item Downstream Upstream Unit
SNR Margin 31.5db 8.0db dB
Line Attenuation 31.0db 18.0db dB
Loss of Signal 0 1
CRC Errors 65 7663
Data Rate 2048 Kbps 480 Kbps kbps
Latency Interleaved Interleaved

would latency reduce if i were not on interleaved but on fast

Try GDMT and opendns 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222Speed 256Kbps not enough for gaming/latency , when others abroad are on8Mbps speed etc.Now my Ping time for this site IBF 265 ms (speed upto 2 Mbps ISP Airtel. Beetel 110BX1)

ur bandwidth does not affect ping the games i play require 128kbps conn to play n 256 to 512 to host its that i keep getting high ping always above 250ms but it does fluctuateand i am using the same dns u gave on both pc and ps3 and i only connect 1 device at a time only difference is my ps3 runs the conn in bridge mode

BSNL has high latency. Switch to Airtel for good Asian latency.MTNL has the best ping times. 180 to UK. 100 to Singapore.

@vIjAy_kHaSa

Start RUN type cmd type ping google.com
Copy paste here first 5 or ten entries only.

Opinion:ur bandwidth does not affect ping(* full stop here ?)
the games i play require 128kbps conn to play
n 256 to 512 to host i

Will try on a dialup 56Kbps connection ( NETONE), for . test

https://www.speedtest.net/result/360647145.png AIRTEL 115 ms

https://www.speedtest.net/result/360652585.png Dataone 198ms

What is your tariff plan ?

How many computers in your house using same connection/modem/router ??

Guys , I am from Kerala . Well I am planing to buy a PS3 on ma Birthday.I play Halo CE online and the Ping in there is 300-350.I am buying this PS3 to play Killzone and other online games.

But with what all have commented about Online playing in India i see , Online gameing on PS3 is a fool's hope. Ma ISP is BSNL. And this is ma speed showing thingy :redface:

https://www.speedtest.net

ALso lemme know if there is any Unlimited High Speed connection available in India.

Peace

ping times right now are extremely high presumably because of the UAE undersea cable fault.

It was supposed to get fixed on tuesday but it got delayed so another week of crappy latency and packet loss till around the 27th.

Undersea cable likely to be fixed by April 27 - Etisalat - Technology - ArabianBusiness.com

Both airtel and BSNL have this issue since they both use Bharti routing.

Switching to airtel is also a bad idea for this very reason.

It's pretty pathetic that 2 of the biggest ISPs in india can't fix routing issues because of 1 fault in the UAE.

MTNL may be better.

Also, about airtel - i call total bullshit on greatly improved latency without proof which includes ping dumps, traceroutes and something like a d3tr screenshot (3d Traceroute).

Also as essbebe said, having a 256kbs connection is definitely not enough for online gaming - there are times when there is greatly increased data transfer in online games; when this happens your connection will get throttled and you will see packet loss and the equivalent of lag.

512 kbps is probably the absolute minimum, and if you use a voice server 1Mbps or more.

Airtel also has FUP and no good unlimited plans, so I'm not sure how it would ever be better to use airtel over BSNL Home 500/1000/1800.

Back