BSNL Broadband: +ve Guidance 2 every 1 on Modem On/Off B4 & After 2-8 AM Unlimited Nite DL

• Thread starter Thread starter jaijai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 9,489
thanks to everyone.this morning checked up my bb usage.status remain unchangedcontinuous b4 2am to nite UL and nite UL to after 8 am usage :: only usage b4 2am and after 8 am have been taken for calculation.since no. of pages have gone more, am not in a position to furnish herehowever, when the bill comes in, i wl keep u informed about any additional/exhorbitant bb use; and alsoi wl keep a watch on the usage page every month for any possible recalcualtion being done by bsnl at a later date for may09.contacted bsnl cuscare -no one is able to cofirm about this continuous usage with correction calculation of free usage.may be if someone come across such authentic information, may please share with me/us.

4 Ways to Check BSNL Broadband Usage
How to check usage for IP 59.xx.xx.xx
Has a no of useful tools. I think first link will be suitable for you. Please go through.
thanks. wl chk this week and revert.

Oh My God!!!!!!............. This Shal be a real reliever...If its true....
A great development from BSNL peoples Side...:O

As till now I was facing the same problem :@:@

As of which... I have to connect and disconnect the Internet in the order of the below mentioned way....:@:@

Though I used to connect by 2:05 AM and disconnect by 7:59 AM....PRECISELY..... However....think was never charged for usage in this hour as I have checked....:cool2:;)

So, finally for this development, Three Chears to BSNL pEOPLES......
sO, THANKS...... And Thanks Jai....For forwarding this valuable info....
:happy:
A Possible +ve Guidance 2 every1 on Modem On/Off B4 & After 2-8 AM Unlimited Nite DL

I used to disconnect BB connection and the Modem before 2 AM and restart at 2.10 AM and again at 7.55/8.05 AM, fearing that the whole duration of downloading free down download may get charged !

many a times, a particular download (even 70% or more) may overlap 8 am barricade, i used to cancel the download at 7.50 am.

on 23/24 may (sat-sun), since my total bb usage (is) was well within the limit, i decided to continue the download of that particular file.
Gr8! thanks to God/BSNL - when i rebooted the pc and checked in the portal - i found the usage is counted only for the time from 8.00 am onwards.

Do verify the traffic on top and comment

----------

my experience automating the Nite Unlimited download went futile in Kolkata.
powercut/voltage fluctuation does not permit me to keep the pc/connection on unattended. :wall::wall::wall:
other Kolkatans too would vouch for this.
may be other parts of india, one can risk keeping on the pc 24 hrs like my brother does in New York.

About this problem of yours.... I shall give you the following solutions...

Do follow it And you definetly will get rid of the problem....

1) First of all us a good UPS.... Specifically use of APC....with proper reating as in accordance to you System Power consumption....
Also along with it, having a SMPS of mildly good companies like Zebronics...would be really helpfull..... However if you use one made by...Coolermaster orAntec then its best...

2) Then as I have heard you have too much of power failure and fluctuation....
For such problem us a good inverter....such as Sukam...with proper Surge and Spike Protection available along with...it./......
Avoid using automatic stabilisers in b/w..... As there relays are very sensitive...and will cause unnecessary fluctuation in b/w...

3) Never connect your speaker...or Modem adapter to the output of your UPS... i AM SUGGESTING YOU WITH MY own personal experince.... I myself have too much fluctuation problem....And the I connected my modem`s and my speaker`s adapter to one extra available port on APC ES 500 modem....
With some time ended up in blowing the adapter of the Speaker....
And the modem itself..... So be very carefull with thiss...

4) And finally to fight Internet diconnection....The best solution is to use your modem in PPPoE mode....... With Always...On......That will help...

So finally I assume you will take my advice...Which will help you out......And enable you take goodnight sleeps at time for now on....:hysterical::hysterical:

Thankyou... :redface:

----------

Why not make a simple batch file for connect and disconnect ?

Though I know about batch file cocept here...How will you make a batch file for this specific purpouse...

Specifically for me .... Whe I am using BSNL braodband Over PPPoE......

How...will you solve that problem out....
BSNL should deriously look over to that problem.....

Anyways ...This appropriation is done soon...
Then most of download mangers and Torrent Client have Scheduler....The Our task will be made much easier in such case....

We will need to just use Connection over PPPoE....AND SCHEDULE THE TASK from 2 to 8 am....

Wish happens soon...Anyways ...BSNL is definetly going new ways...Best of Luck...

tks himansu.
wl check ur details with my connection and get back to u.
greetings

K/...... it Seems BSNL has really improvise their operation....

And the download Tracker during the night unlimited hour is working well segragating me from ....... The Capped one..... Even without Restarting the Modem....

See for yourself to believe it......

This was taken yesterday..

http://pix.sparky-s.ie/

And this was taken day before yesterday:-

http://pix.sparky-s.ie/

And Even..... The Usage Porta is working fast as well......

Bravo BSNL....:yahoo:

dude.. check this also

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8697/free.jpg

If you reboot your modem at 07:57 am then you can surf upto 08:27 for free!!!.
If you don't.. then they will break your connection in their log at 08:00.

But if you start your connection before 02:00 then they will not break your connection at 02:00 am (coz they are chor).

Its the start of connection time which matters.. not the end of connection.

True. It can be a case of 30 minutes block by BSNL. To check whether it really works, reboot the modem at 7.30 and run it till 8.15 am.

K......
bUT WHATEVER IT IS......
Its good for now....

And think...... I f you are downloading at a speed of 190 KBps from 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM..
And you are charged nothing at all (how much profit you are in....)

I am loving it now....

But if you start your connection before 02:00 then they will not break your connection at 02:00 am (coz they are chor).

Be happy they are not capping us at all in unlimitrd plans or period at all.:yahoo:
The FUP of Airtel really sucks in that case....:@

Regards...

Use windows scheduler to disconnect at 1.55 AM and Reconnect at 2.05 Am if you u use bridge mode. If your modem is set in PPPOE mode , tools / Scripts are available to disconnect and reconnect the Pvc of the modem

Back