BSNL Broadband: +ve Guidance 2 every 1 on Modem On/Off B4 & After 2-8 AM Unlimited Nite DL

• Thread starter Thread starter jaijai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 9,489
Why so much confusion for a simple funda :wall:
Just follow the simple few things and you will be in safer side ande take maximum of ur night-unlimited scheme.
1. sync ur PC time with time.windows.com
2. connect at 2:02AM - disconnect at 7:58 - connect at 7:58AM - disconnect at 8:28AM
3. all this connect/disconnect simply can be done through batch files with windows scheduler using the command rasdial
its as simple as that.

onderful post in minimum words and maximum details.
greetings

Why so much confusion for a simple funda :wall:

Just follow the simple few things and you will be in safer side ande take maximum of ur night-unlimited scheme.

1. sync ur PC time with time.windows.com
2. connect at 2:02AM - disconnect at 7:58 - connect at 7:58AM - disconnect at 8:28AM
3. all this connect/disconnect simply can be done through batch files with windows scheduler using the command rasdial

its as simple as that.

Dear Mr urpradhan please help me with rasdial commands step by step or direct me to some URL on the net describing the process step by step.

It must be easy for you but for newby it is equally complicated.

By the way I have tried the rasdial method mentioned earlier in this forum but nothing happened.Although at the disconnect time a DOS type window opened and there was some activity but nothing more.No disconnection :wall:

Please help.

Thanks in advance .

First Step:

Create two batch files

1)

Open notepad type the following:
rasdial [connection name] [user name] [password]
for example
rasdial broadband myusername mypassword
save the above file as connect.bat

2)

Open notepad type the following
rasdial [connection name] /disconnect
for example
rasdial broadband /disconnect
save the above file as disconnect.bat

Second Step:

1. Go to START>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>SCHEDULE TASK
Schedule task wizard will start>click next

2. Click "Browse" and select "connect.bat"

3. Type the task name (anything you want) and then select "Daily".Now to configure how to run it during Night Unlimited.

Click Next.

Now set the start time to something like say....2.05 a.m.

Set Everyday from the Perform this task option right below that and start date to today's date.

Click Next

Enter your username and pass on the Next page.

Click Finish.

First Step:

Create two batch files

1)

Open notepad type the following:
rasdial [connection name] [user name] [password]
for example
rasdial broadband myusername mypassword
save the above file as connect.bat

2)

Open notepad type the following
rasdial [connection name] /disconnect
for example
rasdial broadband /disconnect
save the above file as disconnect.bat

Second Step:

1. Go to START>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>SCHEDULE TASK
Schedule task wizard will start>click next

2. Click "Browse" and select "connect.bat"

3. Type the task name (anything you want) and then select "Daily".Now to configure how to run it during Night Unlimited.

Click Next.

Now set the start time to something like say....2.05 a.m.

Set Everyday from the Perform this task option right below that and start date to today's date.

Click Next

Enter your username and pass on the Next page.

Click Finish.

Dear Mr meetdilip,Thank you very much for the step by step instructions :thumbsup:

That was easy :)

I think earlier I myself did something wrong with the code.

Perhaps there is a much easier code to "shut down" and "wake up" the pc also ?

Best Regards,

Farmboy

PS :Actually I just now tried the disconnect and connect "one time" method which worked alright.Now I'll create more connect,disconnect batch files for "daily" BSNL broadband unlimited night time usage.

----------

I have few more queries which I hope will also be useful for other forum members:

1)In my case when I log on to BSNL broadband first my WiFi modem connects via LAN and then Dataone connects after I enter my username & password.
My question : Is there anyway to switch of the LAN modem connection(via WiFi) at a predetermined time ?Like say after 8 am I wish to switch of the WiFi modem altogether.
Is it possible ?
If so,what is the method ?

2)At what "exact times" should the disconnect,connect and then again disconnect batch files be triggered so that the night time usage(2am to 8pm) is 0 ?

3)What is the code to "shut down" and "wake up" the pc ?

Any help is highly appreciated .

There is a software called Auto power on and shutdown, which you can use to wake up your PC and shutdown at desired time. Some BIOS has settings to start PC at desired time.

15 minutes will be quite safe. Say 1.50, 2.15 and 7.45 am.

If I remember correctly Imran's Broadband Helper Utility has a function to disable your LAN.

----------

You will find numerous other tools to start and shutdown your system. Almost all freeware sites host them.

There is a software called Auto power on and shutdown, which you can use to wake up your PC and shutdown at desired time. Some BIOS has settings to start PC at desired time.

15 minutes will be quite safe. Say 1.50, 2.15 and 7.45 am.

If I remember correctly Imran's Broadband Helper Utility has a function to disable your LAN.

----------

You will find numerous other tools to start and shutdown your system. Almost all freeware sites host them.

Oh does Imran's Helper have the function of disabling LAN :huh:

I unistalled it today .Is there any method from the PC itself ?

Any way thanks for your suggestions and help guys :)

Why do you want to disable the LAN. If you are not connected to net, there is no loss in keeping LAN (NIC) On. Switch off the monitor at say 11.00 pm, enable batch files to run at specific times is the normal procedure used by NU users. It will be nice to try Imran's. It has almost all functions for NU users. There are many users who will be willing to guide you. :)

Why do you want to disable the LAN. If you are not connected to net, there is no loss in keeping LAN (NIC) On. Switch off the monitor at say 11.00 pm, enable batch files to run at specific times is the normal procedure used by NU users. It will be nice to try Imran's. It has almost all functions for NU users. There are many users who will be willing to guide you. :)

OK No need to disable LAN.

What I have done is that I have configured connect and disconnect the batch files at 1.55am(d),2.01am(c) and 7.58am(d).

It might be interesting to note that yesterday I reconnected at 2.01am but my night usage was counted as 0.Some time back I heard that there is difference of about 8 minutes for night free time but it seems the anomaly has been corrected by BSNL ?

Could some one else confirm this ?

As regards switching off the laptop Im going to use "Switch off" software which will turn off the computer at 8.15am.

Although it is possible to configure restart also with "switch off software" but both switch off and switch "cannot" be configured simultaneously as both have to be configured seperately.

That's why to turn off and then restart Im using the batch files.

OK No need to disable LAN.

What I have done is that I have configured connect and disconnect the batch files at 1.55am(d),2.01am(c) and 7.58am(d).

It might be interesting to note that yesterday I reconnected at 2.01am but my night usage was counted as 0.Some time back I heard that there is difference of about 8 minutes for night free time but it seems the anomaly has been corrected by BSNL ?

Could some one else confirm this ?

Safe side. Keep modem off 0155 to 0205 AM again off at 0755 AM.
BSNL usage portal time.! every day say around 10PM.
BSNL Portal

Safe side. Keep modem off 0155 to 0205 AM again off at 0755 AM.
BSNL usage portal time.! every day say around 10PM.
BSNL Portal

Yes essbebe you are right .

Although today ie 21 June,2009 my usage from 2.01am to 7.58am is showing 0 !
Still I'll reset the triggers to 2.05am and 7.55am just to be on safe side.By the way it seems BSNL has rectified the earlier 8 minute error !

By the way how to reset time from BSNL Portal ?My username and password are not working on this portal.

Instead they are working onthe following portal :
http://10.241.32.195/webLogin.jsp

Back