BSNL Broadband: +ve Guidance 2 every 1 on Modem On/Off B4 & After 2-8 AM Unlimited Nite DL

• Thread starter Thread starter jaijai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 9,489
In that case, batch file method will prove simpler.

Can you explain the Batch file method for BSNL Huwaei SmartAX 882 modem operatin in PPoE Mode( this mode of auto interconnection is must!!!!)

rasdial connection name user name password

rasdial connection name/disconnect

Type them in a note pad, save them as connect.bat and disconnect.bat. Schedule to run them at desired time.

But you need to be in Bridge mode. If you are particular about PPPoE, use Imran's Broadband Helper Utility.

I downloaded Imran's Utility and installed it. I understand it can shut/start the modem at the times you set. But now my question how do I schedule downloads. Is there a batchfile to be wrtiten for that or something else has to be done. Please advise. If possible do give a sample script/batch file. I'd be grateful.Thanks once again

Yeh saab Imran, XYZ.... utility/tool are not at all required, as I have already posted several times here. Just use the OS scheduler and be in peace of mind.

1. On windows use the command "rasdial // rasdial /DISCONNECT"
2. On Ubuntu use "gksudo pon dsl-provider // gksudo poff"

Thats it. Its NOT miracle. BTW, I'm downloading upto 8:28 and I'm not getting charged till now :readtherules:

I am using my laptop Compaq Presario C772TU with Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I am using BSNL Broadband Home 500 Plan and I use WiFi to connect to the internet. Which means I have to switch on the modem manually by means of a switch at the back of the modem and another switch on the laptop to switch on the WiFi connection. My internet connection is established automatically after a few moments, which means my modem is configured with username, password and set to AUTO. Now I tried rasdial /DISCONNECT, but my connection is not getting disconnected. I tried the rasdial command through command line, batch file and through task scheduler. Now how do I proceed further. Please advise.

hmm, so if bsnl can recognize BW used after 8 a.m. without us having to restart the modem, why the fk do they need us to restart at 2 a.m. !? I SMELL FOUL PLAY!

I am using my laptop Compaq Presario C772TU with Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I am using BSNL Broadband Home 500 Plan and I use WiFi to connect to the internet. Which means I have to switch on the modem manually by means of a switch at the back of the modem and another switch on the laptop to switch on the WiFi connection. My internet connection is established automatically after a few moments, which means my modem is configured with username, password and set to AUTO. Now I tried rasdial /DISCONNECT, but my connection is not getting disconnected. I tried the rasdial command through command line, batch file and through task scheduler. Now how do I proceed further. Please advise.

You need to be in Bridge/Dialler mode to use this batch file. If you can connect to internet just by switching On the modem, you are in PPPoE mode.

hmm, so if bsnl can recognize BW used after 8 a.m. without us having to restart the modem, why the fk do they need us to restart at 2 a.m. !? I SMELL FOUL PLAY!
aare bhai..
its only for a slot of 30minutes. not foreever of a unlimited session for a day. BSNl calculates as a block of 30minutes.

Hence if you connect at 1:59AM it will be considered NON-FREE usage upto 2:29AM and after that it will be FREE usage.

Similarly if you connect at 7:59AM, then you will be in FREE USAGE upto 8:29AM !!! What more explanation you want ???

............. :yahoo:BSNL rocks ..........:yahoo:

Back