• Thread starter Thread starter shobhitk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 7,365

shobhitk

ISP
Dataone
Hi everyone,
i just got myself a BBG Combo 1350 Unlimited plan which gives an assured speed of 4 mbps upto first 20gb of every month. but a full month has passed now and my speed has never crossed 1.4 mbps :( which is roughly the speed of Rs 850 plan!. the reason being that my downstream data rate has been CAPPED to 2045 kbps by my local exchange!! my Max Att Downstream Rate is 5716 kbps so technically it is quite feasible. my down snr is good at 27 db and everythings perfectly fine.
i have made atleast 10-12 complaints through 1504 helpline. have made numerous calls to the 'switch room', have talked to the SDO of my circle a number of times but my complaints have fell only on deaf ears!! even after so many complaints no one has even visited my place to check the issue!! i am disappointed....:ishock:
is there any way out of this vicious loop? is there any authority now left to whom i can complaint and get my speed corrected? help guys...

thanks

i'll post the resuts in a short while but this is something different friend. my sync speed has been capped by my exchange....you can see for yourself that i have a 4 mbps plan and so my downstream data rate should be around 4000 kbps and NOT 2045 kbps...the capping is self evident here...

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

In breif test results -

Is your download traffic rate limited?

Your ISP appears to rate limit your downloads.
However, some of the measurements were affected by noise, which limits Glasnost ability to detect rate limiting.
Details:
Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests, downloads using control flows achieved up to 618 Kbps while downloads using BitTorrent achieved up to 425 Kbps.
The measurement data is too noisy to detect whether your ISP rate limits traffic on port 6881. Re-running the test while ensuring that no other downloads or uploads are running in the background might fix this problem.

Test results can been seen here - Link

Oops !! I was to switch to this plan this month .. Thank God .. Let me know if you problem gets solved or not.. We all know BSNL CC sucks ..!!

i talked to some senior officials and they said that if ur distance is more than 3 km from exchange then it wont cross 2 mbps...now i have a question friends-

1) when my router is itself clearly showing that Max Att Downstream Rate is 5716 kbps then is it not the FINAL word?? i mean the equipment is itself telling that it can support upto 5.5 mbps!
2) if at all it was not technically feasible then was it not the responsibility of the bsnl people to tell a lay man (consumer) that i should not go for this plan as i would not be getting the full speed....why should i then have wasted 1350 / month ?? instead i would have gone for something like 850 /month..!

A written complaint with receipt to Nodal officer and/or Appellate authority may work. Address, ID and phone no. on the backside of your bill. Call them and seek help. It is a very common problem with 4 Mbps planned. Would have suggested to talk to SDE in this forum itself. Most users got fruitful result. SDE is the right person to address this issue.

thanks meetdilip . you said about SDEs on this forum? that would be great if i could talk to them here itself...so how do i get in touch with them on this forum? pls help

thanks meetdilip . you said about SDEs on this forum? that would be great if i could talk to them here itself...so how do i get in touch with them on this forum? pls help

SDE is Senior Divisional Engineer in Your Telephone Exchange,
( * error correct as Sub Divisional Engineer),
., and you can talk to him after getting a pass
. check the timings. usually in the afternoons.
Presume you talked to the Junior Technical Officer J.T.O broadband section.
.CC cannot help. Check speed in this web site
. take a print out of the graph and show him.
My Broadband Speed - Broadband Speed Tester

you cannot get the max speed constantly and
also you are sharing the PORT ( with other users . known as contention ratio.
) Modem has two entries. Sync speed and Rate.
this is the actual max speed expected.
SNR Margin (dB): 31.2 26.2
Attenuation (dB): 19.0 9.9
Output Power (dBm): 11.9 0.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 24632 876
Rate (Kbps): 2042 507

Try Mod mode ADSL2+
try this application from speedguide.net
tcp/ip optimizer.

SDE = Sub Divisional Engineer

Call customer care and ask for his no. (they normally give). He can check your settings from his end (as the cap is at exchange, not your home) and lift the cap, in say 10 minutes. They are pure tech people and better than admin section.

Back