BSNL capping speed. Please Help!!

• Thread starter Thread starter harsh prasad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 4,008
changed max rate to 8192? data rate is the one which should be improved then only speed will increase

No, he changed the attainable rate to 8192, max rate is around 20,000. And now even the 4mbps is lost, download crawls at 30-40kbps.

that is strange. is your complaint closed? if not register a complaint again. make them understand that as per your plan you deserve 10 mbps speed. if they are saying you cannot get that much speed then tell them the downward Line attenuation says it is possible for my line to get that much speed. make them understand your point.

now what did the engineer change when he came to your location. i am asking this because the line rate changing is done in exchange and not in subscribers end. also ask if it possible to change to a new port and check your problem is getting resolved.

He did a speed test and then called someone to change profile speed to 8mbps. Can the port be changed by the engineer? He seemed to be friendly and if it's possible I will ask him for a new port.

Also, strangely IDM downloads are at consistent 600-650KBps but speedtest results don't even reach 1mbps. Same with downloads on chrome or on phone.

so when he did a speed test did he get the 8 mbps speed??
if you have the contact number of that engineer call him and tell the issue you have now.

as far as i know a port is changed to check if the problem with slow speed or disconnection is getting rectified,
when he comes next time give him something. it will help him to take extra care of your case and also in future if you have some troubles with broadband he will do his best to rectify it.

No, he didn't get anywhere to 8mbps even after changing the profile speed. He said he would check things at the exchange and left. Now, I have tested certain things, IDM downloads are consistent at 600-650KBps, it's elsewhere the issue persists. even downloading things on phone crawls at 40-50KBps.

Should I ask him to change the port, he has closed the complaint just now.

UPDATE:- Finally the speed is back. Getting 7-8mbps on speedtest. BTW, just a last question. Is Happy browsing offer available on 249 plan?

A quick update:- An engineer came home and updated line rate to 8192 yet the speed doesn't cross 3-4mbps
My line rate is 8192 but in speedtest it generally shows 6.70-7.00 mbps.... Never got full 8 mbps... Is this thing happens with all ??

first even if they allow 10 mbps there you may not get that full speed. that is why in plans it is mentioned UPTO 10mbps.
happy that things worked well for you .

Back