BSNL EVDO speed is pretty decent in the morning

• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 35,194
Status
Not open for further replies.
i successfully got the username and password and I can now connect to internet, but only under 1x cdma mode, when i insert my data card to my laptop it shows HSIA network with all four vertical bars but immediately it went off and only 1X cdma network remains,i tried by setting it to HSIA only from auto under network setting but after that no network appears as i restricted it,, i still not recharged with any of evdo plan, is that the reason??? if it is can any tell me how can i activate 1day evdo data i.e., rs55 from my main balance i have 75rs in my main balance...

@Unclepter what was the user name,password,apn and dial-upI think it might be network prblm which did not allow you to connect to evdo mode. I found this frm bsnl website
Conversion of Account Balance to Validity under CDMA Prepaid service are as under :
A) Conversion of account balance to Validity :- Addition of 180 days validity for deduction of Rs 20 from account balance .B) The procedure to be followed for the conversion is as under :- Customer has to dial *789 + (Amount in paise) e.g. *7892000 ( For Rs 20 conversion)so you can try to activate 55 STV.original link is here http://www.bsnl.co.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/mobile/recharge_coupons.html

Hello bro,
Can you specify the timings when you get good speed?
By morning,you mean until what time?
I recently tried to buy an evdo modem from BSNL Chennai office,
They have been out of stock since two months,So i got an unlocked ZTE modem from ebay and a CDMA RUIM sim from BSNL office.
The antenna is inbuilt,speed during daytimes fluctuates a lot,
from 10pm-8.50am approx i get anywhere between 1.2-2.4mbps ,
Other times it is highly unstable and fluctuates a lot,
For examply it is 800kbps->200kbps->500kbps->400kbps->450kbps
and so on.
I can understand speed fluctuates based on EVDO tower's traffic.
I get full signal all the time.
Can others share your daytime speed and does it constantly fluctuate,is it normal?
I'm from chennai ayanavaram.
BSNL's website regarding coverage and EVDO towers is probably outdated,so i cannot guess where the tower is or how many serve my locality.
Thanks in advance.

cmsivasubramanian said:
Hello bro,
Can you specify the timings when you get good speed?
By morning,you mean until what time?
I recently tried to buy an evdo modem from BSNL Chennai office,
They have been out of stock since two months,So i got an unlocked ZTE modem from ebay and a CDMA RUIM sim from BSNL office.
The antenna is inbuilt,speed during daytimes fluctuates a lot,
from 10pm-8.50am approx i get anywhere between 1.2-2.4mbps ,
Other times it is highly unstable and fluctuates a lot,
For examply it is 800kbps->200kbps->500kbps->400kbps->450kbps
and so on.
I can understand speed fluctuates based on EVDO tower's traffic.
I get full signal all the time.
Can others share your daytime speed and does it constantly fluctuate,is it normal?
I'm from chennai ayanavaram.
BSNL's website regarding coverage and EVDO towers is probably outdated,so i cannot guess where the tower is or how many serve my locality.
Thanks in advance.
Hello bro did u activate evdo services on ur SIM or just plugged-in into modem and it started showing evdo signals ??

I spoke to the chief engineer at CSC who wrote "EVDO INTERNET 750 ULTD" "SUB OWNED DEVICE"He spoke really well and promised me to activate it immediately and he did keep up his words.it's a general plan I suppose but not an ordibary cdna sim card since I told them I'm buying it for EVDO and they followed up with some activation.It costed me 350Rs for the sim card.no balance though.just that daytime speeda are pathetic after the 10 o clock mark.even if i get 1.2mbps it would be great,but it isn't constant occasionally touches 1300,1500 but mostly hovers around 600-700 n keep fluctating to 250-400.I use a 1.5metre extension cable,and tried different positions all over my place.I'm worrying if it is because i have an unlocked MTS modem and not what bsnl gives,PRIVTHVI 100.Now my dad's friend who is highly posted in bsnl tells he could get me one if i want,is it worth buying prithvi ue 100 or is this normal? considering daytime traffic?

i already get full signal bro..its just about poor speeda and heavy fluctuations during daytime.i don't know if this happens for everyone or because Im using a different modem.Can other share their experience and maximum stable speeds during daytime? please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back