BSNL FTTH Netlink firmware and bridge mode

• Thread starter Thread starter ddpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 4,226
That shouldn't happen. What else have you done? Like where is VLAN defined and is the bridge interface bound to the port.

@sloj -I changed my ont modem from route to bridge and enabled vlan on the ont modem and also input the correct vlan id on the ont modem .I have done binding on port 2 of my ont modem (Port 2 of my ont is connected to the wan of the router).I have disabled lan dhcp on the ont .When i put my ont modem on route mode then i can access internet and when i put it in bridge mode igmp is disabled and status is up .Coming to the router i set it up in ppoe mode and just entered my correct bsnl username and password and when i copy the wan mac id of ont to the router the lan light of ont turns off

You haven't mentioned the router model or brand. If you are still able to access internet via route mode on ONT then you have to ask LCO to reset MAC binding for PPPoE and you can try after that. If it still doesn't work then the problem is elsewhere.

@sloj -I have already mentioned both ont and router name on the earlier comment. My ont is HG323RGW v1 Netlink but when i get into the modem interface( 192.168.1.1) its written device model name as IGD.My router is MERCUSYS 80X .I also have another open wrt router .So i guess i should reset the mac at LCO side

My mistake, I was looking at the first post. You can try with the openwrt router once by copying the MAC to confirm. Mercusys is a TP-Link brand, so chances are the issues will be similar.

I read the entire thread again, seems like PPPoE MAC reset is the way to go.

Also, The firmware available on Netlink site is for hardware version 3.2 and above. Old firmwares are gone from the site.

Last edited:
@ddpk

Create voip profile first
Create bridge profile second
Create PPPOE profile third

3rd profile won't connect to the internet as mac binding is done on 1st profile/2nd profile if lco configured your ONT.

Ask BSNL or LCO to reset/refresh Mac binding as your ONT is not connecting to the internet.

Once refresh takes place, Your ONT will connect to internet and pppoe registered mac will change to the third profile wan mac. (Use this wan mac on the Router)

You'll be able to connect using Router as soon as you delete the 3rd profile (PPPOE)

No, things are working fine as it is on ONT, recreating profiles will make things complicated. Just editing the PPPoE profile to bridge mode is enough.

Router MAC is already separate. What you will see in the interface is other MAC addresses based on which profile is created. Everything else is working fine and just bridge needs to be enabled and MAC binding needs to be reset because the router doesn't work without it.

Lan light turns off because your ONT wan mac and Router spoof mac are same.

If you create a third profile for pppoe on ONT and bind that third profile mac then you can easily delete the third profile and use pppoe on router without the lan light turning off.

Back