BSNL is inserting ads in websites, sending their users to malware sites through malware code injection

I will never mind if injecting ads are only for one time/reasonable (when modem restart), if it give some extra revenue to BSNL and BSNL improve service quality.

N.B. I hate Spam/flooding with ads.

BSNL is such a sh!tty connection that the modem/DSL restarts every few minutes. So, it is definitely not acceptable if they change the page I am browsing on a modem restart and instead push me to mail.bsnl.com or other promotions on DSL lights restart/connectivity losing and then regaining. After paying such humongous amount of money, customers do not expect zero customer service, crappy lines (phone always has noise and all tickets are closed nowadays without resolving), terrible connection only to be pushed to a random page in the middle of work on every DSL restart.

Personally I would just suggest to dump MTNL/BSNL and switch to a private operator. These two companies no longer deserve our business.

This is heard-breaking news for me. I should have visited the forum more often. I used BSNL broadband two years ago. There were no ads at that time. I switched to MTS due to unavailability of BSNL in the new area I moved. Over 18 months, I have been using MTS and after each month, the number of ads kept increasing whenever the connection starts. These days, the number of re-connections start to build up. Being annoyed to see their ads, I am in the process of switching to BSNL (I am within BSNL bb connectivity now). Already got the telephone connection. Awaiting broadband. They even assured me to provide VDSL plan in a month. However, after seeing this thread, I wonder, if I made a mistake in choosing BSNL again. As a businessman, I can not tolerate any kind of ads. I don't mind paying a premium just to get rid of the ads. Airtel has good connectivity here, but no wired broadband. From what I heard, it injects ads as well. Reliance JIO isn't reliable, yet. Promised me activation in an hour (yesterday). Nothing has happened even after 24 hours. (Update: Got it activated just after posting this). Life sucks at the moment!

Last edited:
I also wonder, if it happens only in BSNL wired BB. I don't see ads in BSNL mobile internet. I have been using BSNL mobile as my primary internet connection for the past 48 hours or so. No ads. Speed is good. But, as it relies on GSM, isn't reliable. So, I wonder, if it happens only in BSNL wired BB?

hello everyone,
i am also facing these annoying ads but has anyone check from where these ads coming i means the host i am attaching a image which clearly defines the host from where the ads are being popped up.
Host may vary from connection to connection

Source

ps: Referrer is the site Which Your are browsing

EDITED: I have not seen any kind of ads after filtering ip's 117.220.20.130 ,
117.202.20.130 and 117.239.236.100 . Hope It Helps

Last edited:
xELpR3A.jpg

PS: I am no longer pursuing these RTIs. I have no plans to take BSNL (and MTNL) to Central Information Commission even though I should have a strong case against both of these companies.

I have not seen any kind of ads after filtering ip's 117.220.20.130 and 117.202.20.130 . Hope It Helps

Update: 117.239.236.100
please include this also in url filter

Last edited: