BSNL is inserting ads in websites, sending their users to malware sites through malware code injection

you write your problem. this is not a quiz that you have to write the exact same thing. you just describe your problem and what you want to be done with it. there are no guarantees that it would work for you. just try and hope for the best.

Everyone should start filing complaint through the PGPortal. Anyone can prepare a standard draft? If BSNL customers start bombarding the portal about the unethical behavior by BSNL, it may stop.

Thanks for the reply. I am aware it's not a quiz. However, u must be aware of the TRAI consultation on Net Neutrality that everyone sent a standard mail? Everyone on this thread is facing the EXACT SAME problem. Hence it could be good tactic to send a standard complaint in large numbers. Since you managed to get not just a response, but positive action on your complaint, I asked what you wrote. Your response got the BSNL Babus to move their a**, take notice, respond & stop injecting ads.
If many affected BSNL customers start bombarding the PGPortal, the company will have to take action & cease such unethical & dangerous behavior.

If you want to bombard someone, bombard trai to establish policy regarding mitm attacks by ISP.

And copy pasting millions of replies doesn't get you anywhere. It's not a popularity contest. It's a policy matter connected with user's privacy and security.

I should clarify that I am not a customer of bsnl. The screenshot is from another bsnl user who got lucky. Based on what I read on the web... Bsnl is not responding similarly to other customers. Best is to start filing complaints with trai and department of telecom to escalate the issue rather than look for individual benefit.

This could be a great Template to send the Complaint on PGPortal
(Credit: Akshay Badhe with additional inputs from me)

Respected Sir,

I am a customer of MTNL/BSNL for many years. For last few months I am getting ads on my Web Browser from MTNL/BSNL (I have attached screen shot of the same). After further Investigation I came to know that you are:

1. Injecting data (Ads) in the requested information, which means you are altering the information.
  2. You are collecting my:
    • Machine details
    • Browser Details
    • OS Information
    • My usage pattern
    • And my location
      All of that, without my approval or knowledge which means you are spying on my web browsing.
  3. You are collecting all my personal data for your own financial benefits.
  4. You are breaching my Privacy by collecting my search & behavior pattern.
  5. These ads are affecting my speed of access which I pay for.
I expect you to take required measures & stop these shady practices of breaching my privacy else I won’t have any other option than moving on to other ISP and would encourage all my friends and relatives to do the same. Additionally, these ads are hindering a paid service and should be stopped with immediate effect.

Regards,
<Your name>
<Your number>

Was able to capture this

eJfbGDG.png

I was able to dig out the code (javascript) used for the add and couple of other resources. Details is available in the following gist.

Source

Last edited:
Update: the ads are now back, they regularly show up on the Steam home page!
In fact, they seem to be served more often that ever.
So much for adding me to their list.

lZkwnqg.png

I've just written back to them.
Will see if they reply.