Bugs......bugs.... Bugs... Stb Software Upgrade Sucks.....

santhosh5639

ISP
BSNL BROAD BAND
HI.... Lot of Bugs in the software upgrade.....:wall: Channel browsing by number is not working, no delete, move, etc even in favorites...... :wall: Dont these people test their software before launch..... i am really frustrated.... SUN NETWORK is a big reputed firm... and i didnt expected from them such a silly software upgrade.......... :wall: They have to change their Software developer.......... What do you say Guys...? Am i Right.....?

hai santhosh5639 pls wait there maybe some bugs when a new kind of software is released they are upgrading their system. so please wait. as you told SUN is a big network. if you feel any problem you make a call and tell your problem to CC they will clear your problem or send a mail to Nodal Officer.

guys i asked about this nodal officer..he replied to me that this is temporary software once we released opentv software y will get all u asked lik other dth opeator having(that means EPG,interative services etc) wait till ipl matches over

You all know why Reliance BIG DTH's commercial launch is delayed. They have problems with software and receiver. It take some time for sortout all the problems. So the commercial launch is delayed. Tata Sky is also do extensive testing before they launch. But Sundirect launch suddenly because of roumer that 'BIGDTH will launch on February.' This is the reason for all the problems. I was a Dish Tv customer. When they change there software, that time also have several problems. Most of them are still there. SunDirect maynot homework on there new software.:cry:

If the software is not tested properly, then why they hurry to release and force the customers to upgrade it? Let the customers be using the old release which was more comfortable. Removing some existing options cannot be considered as bug. It is intentional. Bug is something that gives erroneous results. Whey they removed existing options? There is something fishy!!!:madness:

The same thing is done by dish tv two years back. The earlier software is very very good. But why they change it ?? :( Sundirect also change the software for that purpose.:wall: Any one know about recharge options of sundirect ??

I heared, sudirect's card is not paired with receiver. So try to change the software to previous version and enjoy the old good options.:thumbsup:

The only way to defeat them is change the software to old version, try to disable OTA and enjoy the service.
How we can disable OTA? I tried to reset factory settings, but no use. The new version has become the factory default!!

Hai, This software is very usefull to all ,because the bouquet is added this same So New channels adding is very easy,waite for new updates.....

Hai,

This software is very usefull to all ,because the bouquet is added this same So New channels adding is very easy,waite for new updates.....

I too like this update...but i would be more pleased if they released OPEN TV and enabled EPG...

Angappan , hope you are trying to tell that SUN is framing the package on basis of the nature of the channel as its partner ASTRO do.For ASTRO's package details Go here.It would be better if they follow that.It will give the customer lot of choices in package selection.

I feel Sun direct has been launched in a hurry, without proper testing and also with out a proper website, SD was launched in Feb and till now they dont have a proper website. I hope they rectify their problems soon, bcos people are fed up with DISH and TS so it would be the right time for SD to capture the market especially in the south. On the other side BigTV is testing their equipments properly before their commercial launch even if its delayed it looks like they want to make sure everything is in place.

channel browsing is working even after the upgrade.And the Fav function never worked even before the upgrade.They have just added a game to SN9000IR STB...I have my own doubt if anything professionally happening in Sun direct....becuase even after 6 months they have no proper web site...look at the the music one hear when the toll free number of Sun Direct is called ..it is neither local nor western but some unknown language reciting some buddist type hymns....I have a strong feeling that like SFM FM radio channels which are run by third party in other states under an agreemet with Sun network,the Sun direct also must be run by some third party and not directly by Maran brothers.because...Kalanidi Maran was once awarded Young Entrepreneur international award for his professional excellence.I dont think he will run his service so unprofessionally.Be happy with what you get from Sun Direct.I am not writing this to upset anyone. The various letters in this forum suggest that Sun direct unit is unprepared to run a a service like this.

Back