Tata Sky DTH: STB Software Update

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 21,792
It is a software upgrade not downgrade there is no question of relating the software to picture quality as the software has better looks.

are you mouth piece of Tata Sky?

are you mouth piece of Tata Sky?

No, I speak for myself.:evil:

So you have stakes in Tata Sky DTH :D

Like I said I speak for myself and I don't deal in stakes or shares:evil:

The TV audio keeps playing in the background when I am inside a menu, which is annoying and if I'm watching a recording and start a menu the recording keeps playing in the background too. Don't the monkeys realize that I'll have to rewind the bit to watch it again? They take away essential functionality like auto-pause and introduce useless crap like an embedded video window that plays just in the main screen of the organizer menu which everyone invokes just to go into sub-menus which don't have any embedded video. Dumb b******s! :@

Finally my STB got updated today..........The only change when we press organizer, showcase, guide button a small window can be seen in the top right hand corner where in the current channel which we are viewing is displayed and when i press the plan menu in TS+ remote TV audio of the current channel which i am viewing keeps playing in the background..........

The TV audio keeps playing in the background when I am inside a menu, which is annoying and if I'm watching a recording and start a menu the recording keeps playing in the background too. Don't the monkeys realize that I'll have to rewind the bit to watch it again? They take away essential functionality like auto-pause and introduce useless crap like an embedded video window that plays just in the main screen of the organizer menu which everyone invokes just to go into sub-menus which don't have any embedded video. Dumb b******s! :@

yeah..that bit is damn irritating...also now the guide window has become smaller..it limits the details that i can view in one page...now i have to scroll down more often..wish there was an option to hide channels which i am never gonna watch anyway...

AC

Now in the guide only 5 channels program guide are displayed.......:@Earlier we had 10 channels program guide........

There's a positive side-effect to the guide becoming smaller, though. The scrolling speed has increased considerably and it's not as annoying as it used to be.

arun you can avoid the channels you're not going to watch by going into the favorites option in the guide, you'll have to have your favorite channels programmed first, of course.

There are a lot of nuisances that come in-built with the box, one of them is the home channel which sometimes comes on at full volume when I start the box. I've gotten around that by going into parental control and blocking the home channel there, that way a silent password screen pops up instead of their annoying crap. ;)

Back