can u trust the EPG completely in tata sky?

ISP
airtel
HI. i cannot trust on the epg. i have missed many imp pgms depending on the epg. i have to depend on timings given by the channels rather than the EPG.:ashamed:

HI. i cannot trust on the epg. i have missed many imp pgms depending on the epg. i have to depend on timings given by the channels rather than the EPG.

:ashamed:

can u give the example of any such channel or programme for wich the epg showed wrong info....

zee business> pgm is mobiles & more, gadgets & morecnbc awaaz> pgm is tech guru, smart shoppingndtv > cell guru, gadget guruzee cinema, zee studio> many times no synopsis about movies. and many days simply no info on movies at all.lok sabha television> wrong info about the pgm 'voices'i will write many more as i remember

zee business> pgm is mobiles & more, gadgets & more

cnbc awaaz> pgm is tech guru

ndtv > cell guru, gadget guru

zee cinema, zee studio> many times no synopsis about movies. and many days simply no info on movies at all.

lok sabha television> wrong info about the pgm 'voices'

i will write many more as i remember

ya u will experience problems wid epg for news channels bcoz their programming is not according to what they have already planned...they work according to the popularity of the current situations and air the programme wich will catch more eye balls at that particular time....!!!

and also let me tell u in zee movie channels Tata Sky never gives any info on the synopsis lik in other channels...maybe due to dishtv not allowing its channels to give the info to rival dth player....

even in all kids channels not a single prgramme carries any info regardin the synopsis....dont know why??:(

EPG is provided by channels. Its not in the hands of TS to verify the correctness of that. And thats an automated process. I don't think that TS has made one person sit and enter the EPG. They must be uploading some file received from broadcaster. Or TV signals being digital, they must be having the built in EPG as well. I have seen one incident, when a cricket match on Set Max was washed off by rain and they started to telecast some movie, EPG got updated automatically.

EPG is provided by channels. Its not in the hands of TS to verify the correctness of that. And thats an automated process. I don't think that TS has made one person sit and enter the EPG. They must be uploading some file received from broadcaster. Or TV signals being digital, they must be having the built in EPG as well.

I have seen one incident, when a cricket match on Set Max was washed off by rain and they started to telecast some movie, EPG got updated automatically.

You are correct, beucase in SUN TV feature film name will be displayed in EPG only after the Feature film was telecasted. Before that EPG shows only Feature Film.

There is a file (in some format) which is uploaded on server. The file contains program information received from channel providers. If there is program change and the change is conveyed by channel provider to Tata Sky & the EPG is updated by replacing the file (like happened in MAX & SUN TV). If other channel providers are not updating the change then TATASKY should put some regulation to channel providers about EPG data

I have recently purchased Tata Sky+ and noticed that due to the crappy guide, all my recordings are screwed up.This mostly happens with movie channels (I wonder why, as they should have a fixed schedule), however, I have seen this happening with Zee TV and a few other channels as well.I can understand the flexible schedule for news channels, but movie and normal channels should have the perfect guides, no mater what.I have raised complaints with their customer care. However, its already > 2 weeks and every time I call, I have to explain the story from scratch :wall:.

electronic programming guide is something that is still not perfected by the DTH operators here in india. :(

Back