Cloudflare Warp+

KjjzNPV.webp

this is kind of annoying. i remember the time when chrome allowed you to switch channel from inside chrome. but i guess it made sense to remove that option to allow people to have multiple variants installed at the same time. cloudflare could have enabled channel management from inside app without requiring uninstall to get back on stable.

Anyone else suddenly having speed issues on the official client? For the same download link it's giving me 1 MB/s speed while wireguard gives 4-5 MB/s.

@sloj Not sure that fits in with this forums rules 😅 it's an old game.

WARP also takes longer to connect in the app when I start it. And when it connects, a notification will popup "internet is not secure" and the icon turns gray. Still shows connected but then it disconnects after a while. Doesn't happen always, but twice this evening. Routing to cf here is bad, sometimes ping to 1.1.1.1 takes 800-1200ms.

Wireguard on the other hand, instantly connects and stays there.

24 October 2020
This is the latest beta release for Windows. Please make sure to file feedback on any issues you find.
Notable features in this release:
  • When WARP setting is on, leaks outside the tunnel will not be allowed during connection issues
  • New option to allow local network connectivity
  • Feedback can now be entered and will safely send when no connectivity
  • Teams: Device names and other metadata are supplied to device dashboard
Bug fixes
  • WARP status now correctly reflects connection state
  • Fix some reported issues with the DNS log panel
  • Fixed misc. crash reports
  • Account for user directories with spaces for warp-diag/feedback log output
  • Properly reset status when resetting post connection check
  • Teams: When profile is removed, app resets except user remains logged into Teams
  • Teams: Don't perform special cert checks for AppCast (updater) downloads, not needed for AppCenter.
  • Teams: Don't reset first run if Teams login is required/in progress.

4abC9IP.webp

i do wonder why this setting exists. i suppose it does not affect me because i do not really access my pc running warp over the network. printing has worked fine in the past. maybe they were bypassing it by default?

nm. i just remembered, i am mostly using the dns component.
Does anyone know how to use WARP+ on Ubuntu ?
i guess use one of the guides on the web to use it through wireguard? cloudflare is using their own fork of wireguard i believe. but since it works fine on windows, i assume it should be doable on linux as well.

27 October 2020
This is the latest beta release for Windows. Please make sure to file feedback on any issues you find.
Notable improvements in this release:
  • Fix: WARP connection over IPv6 would get into a bad state.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

Back