Connecting Broadband ADSL Router to Fiber GPON Router

ISP
BSNL Fiber
2020-08-21_135121.jpg

Can I connect my GPON router to ADSL router, using Cat5 RJ45 cable like this? TP-Link ADSL+ router has only 4 LAN ports & no WAN port. Here Ethernet Patch cable is used isn't it ?

Edit : I meant GPON to ADSL in the heading.

My old TP-Link ADSL router had first port as Lan/wan

Mine has 4 output, thats why I am doubtful if I would be able to connect it. In ADSL, input comes from RJ10 telephone cable. If this works, I could atleast use it as wifi extender.

That is a modem router combo device. Unless there is an option to use one of the ethernet ports as WAN in it's firmware, it can't be done. Check your internet setup page. Someone more familiar with TP-Link could help.

I could do this on my old D-Link combo dsl-2750u, I had to flash a special firmware for middle east countries to use one of the lan ports as wan.

Just connect them with a LAN cable. Do not configure ADSL or WAN in your ADSL router, but turn off DHCP. It should ideally work - you can use the remaining 3 ethernet port as well as wireless to connect devices. All of them would be listed on your GPON router as network clients.
I had this working with Netlink HG323RW and D-Link 2750u in the past.

Back