• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,796

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
ESS renews Australia [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]cricket[/COLOR][/COLOR] telecast rights

NEW DELHI: Following up on its recent acquisition of rights to the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), ESPN Star [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Sports[/COLOR][/COLOR] has renewed its broadcast partnership with Cricket Australia and acquired the cricket rights for the next four years. This brings their live international cricket coverage up to more than 550 days till 2012, a company release states.

ESS will broadcast more than 170 days of live International cricket action from Australia, including 24 "3 mobile" Test Matches, 48 "Commonwealth Bank" One Day Internationals and 8 "KFC" Twenty20 games. Over the next four years, all leading teams will be visiting Australia with India slated to play 4 test matches and a 3 nation ODI series in 2011-12. In addition to international cricket, ESS also plans to broadcast Cricket Australia's domestic cricket.
The renewal of this partnership with Cricket Australia has further strengthened [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]ESPN[/COLOR][/COLOR] Star Sports' position as the Number 1 broadcaster in cricket in Asia with more than 550 days of international cricket now lined up till 2012.
This acquisition comes just weeks after ESS' announcement of the renewal of the broadcast partnership with the ECB for the next five years.

This is really indeed a great news as top quality cricket are being telecasted in ESS for the next few years. This means for the next 2 - 3 years we the people in Tata Sky will not miss any action in cricket :thumbsup:

hope they show pura cup matches..Next will the Newzealand telecast rights.. I think ESPN should get all International Cricket rights for the way they telecast the matches.

Wat happens if it is removed.. just in case..:whistle:

Wat happens if it is removed.. just in case..:whistle:
From december the policy is going to be changed:thumbsup: and also i trust them :thumbsup: i agree they removed zee channels which i feel not worth except zee sports and it is also because of competition.
With respect to neo they have long term agreement:thumbsup:
but i wonder about tensports in the future:confused:

Hey jjvj , First of all i am not confused , your interpretation
unfortunately is wrong dear friend.

Now as far as PURA CUP matches is concerned it will be on espn like ESS also plans to broadcast Cricket Australia’s top-class domestic cricket, which includes popular tournaments such as the Ford Ranger One Day Cup and KFC Twenty20 Big Bash

ESPN STAR Sports renews TV deal with Cricket Australia
ESPN STAR Sports renews TV deal with Cricket Australia

Thu, 06/09/2007 - 09:43
Media | Asia | Australia | Broadcast | Cricket | TV Rights

ESPN STAR Sports agreed a new four-year contract for the exclusive rights to broadcast Cricket Australia’s domestic and home international matches across various platforms including TV, internet, mobile and radio covering the entire Asian region.

Under the deal, ESPN STAR Sports will broadcast more than 170 days of live International cricket action from Australia, including 24 3 mobile Test Matche
ESS also plans to broadcast Cricket Australia’s top-class domestic cricket, which includes popular tournaments such as the Pura Cup, Ford Ranger One Day Cup and KFC Twenty20 Big Bash.
James Sutherland, Chief Executive Officer of Cricket Australia, said: “We are delighted to renew our partnership with ESPN STAR Sports, who over the years, has contributed significantly in the growth of the game in general and has helped further extend the popularity of Australian Cricket by continually setting new standards in cricket presentation and distribution in Asia.”
Jamie Davis, Managing Director, ESPN STAR Sports, said: “This partnership with Cricket Australia is a testament to our commitment to serve our fans and to work along with our associates. Now, with such an enviable line-up of cricket including Cricket Australia, ECB and ICC, ESS is firmly positioned as the distinct Number 1 sports broadcaster in Asia for years to come.”

Back