Custom Plans on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter goodburner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 20,913
i grabbed it.....and.the billing cycle ends tonite :messed:

Average cost per GB will be Rs 20 + 3000 minutes free phone calls.

[color=#ff0000;]Your current bandwidth reading is:[/color]
[color=#ff0000;]12.49 Mbps[/color]

After migrating to new plan they have increased my speed from 8mbps to 12mbps.....Airtel is getting very clever :pride:

First off, it appears like Airtel has increased the post-FUP speed from 256kbps to 512kbps even for 2 mbps and 4 mbps plans. Earlier, post-FUP speed of 512kbps was applicable only for plans with 8mbps and above. When my bandwidth had crossed the high speed quota on the last day of the last billing cycle, I was surprised to get 512+ kbps. It's not a big deal but way better than 256kbps.
Secondly, only a maximum of 4mbps seems to be feasible for my connection / in my area. Some of you might be aware that I was under Turbo 150 plan (4mbps/150GB/no free calls/Rs. 2250) . I was offered 2 plans in the last 10 days:
Turbo 175 for Rs. 2399 (4mbps/175GB/1000 free local minutes)
Turbo 250 for Rs. 3099 (4mbps/250GB/1000 free local minutes)
While I was tempted to go for 250GB plan, I resisted myself and grabbed me the 175GB plan for now. This plan was long overdue as Max 175 and Rapid 175 had existed for a while now. The plan was migrated overnight although they promised that said migration will happen within 4 hours.

I am under the 2149 (125 GB /8mps) plan. Airtel calls me every month but with the expensive 2599 (175 GB/8mbps) plan.
Hope they come up with a new offer in the new year

Cost of 1 GB @125GB plan: Rs. 17.2
Cost of 1 GB @175Gb plan: Rs. 14,85
If by expensive, you mean you will be paying Rs. 350 extra, I understand. But, if you have the need for more data, Rapid 175 is not a bad option. I don't see Airtel decreasing the prices of existing plans. They will only offer variants at different prices. For example, Rapid 125 does not exist on paper. You got it for Rs. 2149. while georgemp posted that he's paying Rs. 2249 for the same.

As of right now, 125GB is just right for me.
A few months ago, after hearing about forum members who have this plan, I asked Airtel for the 125GB plan @ 8mbps. They said that this plan did not exist. I insisted that it did exist & that I knew people who had this plan. They asked for the subscriber details of the people who have this plan, so that they could check & get back to me. I was not going ask any forum member for their subscriber details, so I had to let it go.

Actually, I've demanded Airtel many times to give me 175GB @4mbps because such plan existed @2mbps and @8mbps. I was denied because such a plan did not exist on paper for 4mbps speed. And now, I was offered the same plan from out of the blue.

uberjon said:
As of right now, 125GB is just right for me.
A few months ago, after hearing about forum members who have this plan, I asked Airtel for the 125GB plan @ 8mbps. They said that this plan did not exist. I insisted that it did exist & that I knew people who had this plan. They asked for the subscriber details of the people who have this plan, so that they could check & get back to me. I was not going ask any forum member for their subscriber details, so I had to let it go.
Try for a retention plan after threatening to disconnect

Back