Custom Plans on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter goodburner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 20,913
ganeshran said:
Try for a retention plan after threatening to disconnect
Oh yeah. I did threaten to disconnect. They offered me 10% discount for three months in less than half a second after my threat. It was like they knew I'd threaten to do something.
So, I took the offer.

uberjon said:
Oh yeah. I did threaten to disconnect. They offered me 10% discount for three months in less than half a second after my threat. It was like they knew I'd threaten to do something.
So, I took the offer.
Same thing happened to me. they offered me a 20% discount over the 2099 80GB plan. The month the discounts got over, I was offered the 2149 plan for 125 GB.

ganeshran said:
Same thing happened to me. they offered me a 20% discount over the 2099 80GB plan. The month the discounts got over, I was offered the 2149 plan for 125 GB.
20% discount? I should have been firmer with them. I received no calls from Airtel offering me a 125GB plan after my 3 months were up.

i am already on 2 mbps 10gb plan rent 550+taxes.
can i also get something if I threaten to disconnect?

i don't see anyone giving you a better plan at that rate
btw, Airtel called me again last month and asked if I wanted 175 GB as I finished off the 125+80GB the previous month(lots of friends use it), and I couldn't resist it. It was for about 300 Rs extra
this is getting too costly, planning to be back to something more affordable from Feb 2014

Using smartbytes need not be a criteria for these offers. I never have and never will use smartbytes. But, I was offered 175GB/250GB @4mbps. I was previously using 150GB @4mbps.

I guess so. I'm trying to figure out how they pick customers for this plan.
They called me when I had the 80GB plan & offered me the Rapid 175 GB plan....twice.
At that time, I really wanted the 125GB plan. In fact, on my present line, I STILL want 125 gigs! :embarrassed:

Back