Custom Plans on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter goodburner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 20,913
I used to have this old airtel plan where after 30gb of 2 mbps fup the speed was 1mbps. recently they changed over without informing me to a 175gb 2mbps post fup 512kbps speed plan. the 175gb fup was geting used up in 20 days. after calling them up they recommended a plan 2Mbps fup of 250 gb for 2899 plus tax post fup 512, is anyone using this plan, apparently the maximum speed in my area is only 2 mbps. they then asked me to send a mail to 121 which i did waiting for a reply for any other plans in airtel chennai.Any suggestions combination of VPN with torrents and rapidgator is blowing through my fup

Like I've mentioned before, I was offered 250GB @4mbps for Rs. 3099. Like uberjon mentioned, that appears to be their highest cap right now.

Abishek22 said:
I used to have this old airtel plan where after 30gb of 2 mbps fup the speed was 1mbps. recently they changed over without informing me to a 175gb 2mbps post fup 512kbps speed plan. the 175gb fup was geting used up in 20 days. after calling them up they recommended a plan 2Mbps fup of 250 gb for 2899 plus tax post fup 512, is anyone using this plan, apparently the maximum speed in my area is only 2 mbps. they then asked me to send a mail to 121 which i did waiting for a reply for any other plans in airtel chennai.Any suggestions combination of VPN with torrents and rapidgator is blowing through my fup
try rapidgen.org it has many premium accounts i hv been using for over 2years is cheap and good, very little downtime. about 3.5USD a month. only catch is rapidgator has 3gb per day limit and many other accs also hv limits but i feel is fine.

I don't use torrents or link-removed or whatever. I suggest you get a server in EU where you can download/upload/seed whatever it is that you do and FTP them to your home. You don't even need a separate VPN. You can use the server as a proxy.

balajik said:
I don't use torrents or link-removed or whatever. I suggest you get a server in EU where you can download/upload/seed whatever it is that you do and FTP them to your home. You don't even need a separate VPN. You can use the server as a proxy.
Haven't tried this before , can you suggest a site where i can read up about this.
Shifted to the Airtel -UL_new spl Max 250 gb plan @ 2899 no other options

It has nothing to do with where in the city you're located. It has to do with the distance between your home and exchange. The longer the distance, the lesser the speed you'll get. This is a limitation of ADSL2+ technology. Airtel won't give me more than 4 mbps in Anna Nagar while uberjon (R.A. Puram, I think?) gets 8mbps. Some others even get 16mbps.

balajik said:
I have thought about this too. But how fast is FTP from there to India?
I use FTP to transfer files to my webhost and it is painfully slow.

Back