d2h Installation experience. super fast installation.

Motorazor143

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 256Kbps Unlimited combo
Hi guys,My mom was fed up with her usual local cable wallah since most of the days the service is down so she decided to go DTH way. I recommended her to go with d2h because of encouraging reviews online and decent number of Malayalam channels. I called D2h Customer care around 1 pm today to inquire about their product & offer. made the payment exactly at 1: 45 pm today using Credit card on their website and was told by customer care lady that it will take around 24 - 48 hrs for installation. Surprisingly, i got a call at 3:40 pm from their installation team that they are in my apartment for installation. :blink3: it took them just around 2 hours to show up. To say the least i'm very impressed by their prompt service.

Their installation is almost always very quick. And they r quick to respond to technical issues as well. Just that their top management gets attacks of lunacy after some fixed interval, which does get resolved in the end! :D

I have a similar story to tell. Since it's been mandatory in Mumbai that all cable operatorshave to go digital from 1st July 2012, I decided to take the plunge.Booked a SD DTH connection at 12pm. The installation chaps arrived at 3:15pm at my place.The wiring was professionally done on the roof, with clamps and binding tags.They took out a meter to check the satellite signal and locked the LNB at the best possiblesignal. I would compare the installation to what the Tata Sky chaps did on my other SOHOin a different state circa 2006.What prompted me to go for Videocon d2H is the choice in channel packages at a lower cost.I have gone for the New Diamond pack, since it carries the news channels (CNBC et al)and the few other ones which my mom and wife watch i.e. food food and svbc etc.Picture quality for a SD box is quite decent, and I didn't see any pixelation on the newer channels.Only gripe is channel change is a little slower than what I was used to on Tatasky, but thatisn't a deal breaker, since I have lot more channels to choose from.I haven't yet been able to register on the d2h website using my STB details, but I guess it will takea while when the CAF is actually logged on the website.I bought it from a local retailer in Mumbai for 1690/- with one month new diamond pack includedin the installation. Didn't want to go the online booking way since the net connection in Mumbaiis pretty unreliable at the moment.

That is the way it has become. Due to the competition, the DTH companies are making things better. But, i have not encountered any such good service from my DTH technicians. They are sometimes late, and they use unstandard techniques to fix things. Recently, they did so to align the antenna. The antenna was aligned without using any instrument. Signal strength was observed from STB connected to TV. 70% Signal Strength was good according to them.

I paid 1590 for the connection which included one month free subscription of their basic package and also got 200 rupees cash back.. The picture quality if on par with my Tata Sky. In terms of VFM videocon is way ahead of tata sky.

I haven't yet been able to register on the d2h website using my STB details, but I guess it will take
a while when the CAF is actually logged on the website.

Lot many people face this problem. Escalate to d2h officials on Mail. Either they will resolve the issue or provide you the details after creating login/password from their own side.

Will wait for a few days, else will send them a mail for creating the account.

Yesterday being a weekend, I guess the installation chaps will lodge my CAF on Monday.
Will keep you posted about the progress.

- - - Updated - - -

I paid 1590 for the connection which included one month free subscription of their basic package and also got 200 rupees cash back.. The picture quality if on par with my Tata Sky. In terms of VFM videocon is way ahead of tata sky.

Looks like there is no cash back on the boxes purchased via Dealers. No worries though. I didn't want to pay online on a flaky cable connection.

I'm not sure why they don't introduce over the phone IVR payment system like Tata Sky does. I told the customer care lady that i prefer to make the payment on phone but she said they do not have that in place yet however they seem to have IVR payment for recharges though.

Shot a mail last night to d2h customer care asking about account creation.Some one from the call centre called me on phone and confirmed my request. The login id and password was sent by e-mail instantly.Not bad at all!!

Back