Reliance Jio Airfiber Installation Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter Faruk
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 26,982
@Faruk, Citirx client optimizes the connection over ICA protocol while RDP is very basic and no optimization .
that is why you don;t face issue on citrix but on RDP if you get 2-3 drops , then it will disconnect.

@Faruk @techyogi Would you guys know if there is a way to replace Jio provided router with our own device for Jio Airfiber ? I tried connecting my TP-Link Archer C6, but it did not work. Any workaround for this ?

@subbu.stocks it would be too early for that. People are still not able to replace traditional Jio Fiber routers with their own , we can but it's tedious.
You can try connecting C6 with lan from AF router and put internet connection mode as Dynamic.
Thats the best you can do right now, nothing else.

Same experience here from Bangalore. I booked Jio air fibre on 24th November by paying 17000 rs and till today 13th December Jio air fibre not yet installed . Non of the executive connecting me to air fibre team nor the representative who took the payment is receiving the call. Don’t go for Jio air fibre atleast for some months till they set the issue resolving team.

@Danush P v Why did you paid Rs. 17,000? If you want to get it installed asap? Try to contact there executive team repetitively otherwise it will make many delays for it to get installed. Most of time, There Technicians doesn't even do any visits and close your complaint/query/installation request or just postpone it to any other date. I don't think you can even get that Rs. 17,000 refund too unless you go for Court Case

In Hyderabad, got installation a day after booking. The installation team didn't seem very knowledgeable, did some hit and trial with antenna placement and struggled with wiring / crimping and activation.

The router doesn't seem to have a way to disable WiFi, it will just cause interference with existing WiFi networks if someone wants to connect it to existing mesh via LAN.

Jio started installing new WiFi antennas on their towers which radiates WiFi 5 160MHz BW with 4x4 Mimo with Jio AirFiber SSID I think they're gonna move existing users from 5G to WiFi or this will be used for AirFiber Max as 4x4 160MHz WiFi can give 1.5-2Gbps speed

Screenshot-20231225-205407.png

Screenshot-20231225-163022.png

Back