Reliance Jio Airfiber Installation Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter Faruk
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 26,982
Thanks

Finally after several escalations and aggressive follow ups the installation was completed yesterday.
Speeds are bit inconsistent and keeps fluctuating unlike wired broadband. Not sure if this will get fixed.

@Faruk - What is the default password to login to router management page ? Its not mentioned anywhere on the router.

@ritwik2000
I have taken 100 mbps plan and this is what am getting when connected through LAN
Even on the wifi the results are almost identical.

One thing I found is that it is not possible to use Jioairfiber for work if you are using remote desktop or even a VPN. In my case remote desktop keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes even when you are directly connected using the LAN. However, video calls works fine.
May be this is because of the high latency of Jioairfiber as compared to wired fiber connection since this never happens when am using my secondary connection (ACT Fibernet).

Apart from this normal day to day usage for browsing, video streaming and Jio setup box, I don't see any issues.

15450543429.png

It’s the installation guys fault that they are not aligning the outdoor unit with clear line of sight of the tower and hence you are getting high ping of 30ms.

On mobile i usually get around 10 ms ping to jio gateway.

@subbu.stocks I'm also using citrix desktop (us location) and its working flawlessly.
Not sure with your issue.

Could you please share the odu and idu images? Is this identical as mine?

Back