Reliance Jio Airfiber Installation Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter Faruk
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 26,988
@_Dexter, indeed they do. They practically twisted my arm to go for the 100Mbps plan!

I thought I could outsmart Jio by initially picking the modest 30Mbps plan, and then switching to the 100Mbps once installed to avoid the 1000 rs extra charges for installation. But alas, their app seems to be one step ahead of my cunning plan. The switch just isn't working!.
However

Updates

1. Trying to change plans on Jio Airfibre is like trying to change your destiny. You just can't!

2. The Jio Call/Join feature must be on a coffee break. It's just not detecting the router!

3. The device's manufacturer is OEL. Not to be confused with LOL, though sometimes it feels like it.

4. It boasts a Wifi6 router, which has a coverage wider than my last holiday dinner spread!

5. Wanted to manage the router via the Jio app? Think again! It's playing hard to get for now.

6. During the installation, they went with UTP Cat 6 cable all the way. No shielding, pipes, or fancy casings. They're keeping it real and raw!

much better than Airtel's Airfiber, but but but, it must be locked af.
Airtel one is highly modified OpenWRT, hence endless opportunities to tweak.

@Faruk Reason I asked because I wanted to know/check if 100Mbps+ plans works (DL:UL ratio) as advertised

@Faruk Facing similar issue here in Bangalore. Today got a message saying PLAN2BUILD appointment is fixed on 30th Oct
Does this mean it is the installation appointment ? I don't understand what do they mean by PLAN2BUILD appointment
Also, for escalation what channels are effective ? Appellate, customer care or Twitter ?

@subbu.stocks It took me 13 days to install after escalating - either that escalation was super slow, or I'm just the lucky recipient of standard service speed! 🐢😂.

@AD2011 not sure buddy. All i can say the color of the port is not pink 😂😂😂.

Back