DD National transmission faster than Ten Cricket on Sun DTH ?

• Thread starter Thread starter pmadhan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 11,299

pmadhan

Regular
ISP
BSNL FTTH and Airtel Xtreme
Noticed, the transmission on Ten Cricket is late by ~10 to 15 seconds than on DD National - which came as a surprise :)

Maybe MP4 compresssion takes time

duh. i think they delay the feed to get some extra time to insert ads in real time broadcast. and even then they make a mess out of it.

duh. i think they delay the feed to get some extra time to insert ads in real time broadcast. and even then they make a mess out of it.

yes, you are perfectly right. Even We can see delay even in local cable. so there is no question that it is happening due to compression

Man, dont watch Ten cricket, try DD feed, the hindi commentary is so funny that you will eventually mute the TV set. I guess my 8 year old neighborhood kid will give a better commentary than what they do. Their job is to read out what all is displayed in the TV screen. Morons, why they need to cut Shastri's commentary and insert their substandard voice feed. (I assume its the price you pay to get the channel free :( )

There is no problem with hindi commentary if some energetic commentators are chosen.Whenever there is a wicket these DD Commentators go Silent.It takes them few minutes to realise that a wicket has fallen.But DD is way better than TEN Cricket which is filled with ads.

Man, dont watch Ten cricket, try DD feed, the hindi commentary is so funny that you will eventually mute the TV set. I guess my 8 year old neighborhood kid will give a better commentary than what they do. Their job is to read out what all is displayed in the TV screen. Morons, why they need to cut Shastri's commentary and insert their substandard voice feed. (I assume its the price you pay to get the channel free :( )

scenario is same on radio also. These people just dont know how to do commentary. But I dont see channel or radio fault. Its just that we lack professional hind commentators. Can u name even one cricket hindi commantator. But for english there are numerous out there. Harsha,ravi shastri , tony greig list is endless. Even our ex cricketers chose to do commentary in english.

the difference i have noticed is that Ten cricket is more eager to cut the feed for ads at the end of the over or when somebody gets out etc..they dont even wait to show the replay..DD is much better in this regard..nowadays they have also got into another bad habit of reducing the picture size during the live feed and showing ads at the bottom and side

Back