Did I make a mistake by choosing Tata DOCOMO 3G?

• Thread starter Thread starter rupeshdnair
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 61,647
Status
Not open for further replies.
this confirms that Tata Docomo 3G is not ready for subscribers! :P And all these are part of their Smart Life Plans!

@Tata Docomo Why do you have to advertise speeds that you can't deliver? I mean it's sheer stupidity to have a service you can't deliver. I was planning to buy a dongle for some mobility but with these comments, I am sure anyone would be turned off! As one user states that it's not even 10kbps for something that you have heavily advertised for! I was expecting something better from your brand but well I guess you have screwed this up totally.

Tata is ruining the name of NTT Docomo. I have never heard of anything good about Tata Docomo. Most of the people are cursing them for their ridiculous quality of network, pathetic customer service, and now 3G too. Even their GPRS sucks. Good I switched to BSNL 3G and it is giving satisfactory speed of around 1.8Mbps.

sry for an off topic QnI wanted to ask if I can use a BSNL SIM in my Tata Docomo 3G dongle. I spent 2k on the dongle and i dont want that to be a waste!ThanksMK

hi kramkumar,
u mean i can use the same dongle for BSNL 3g? Please shed some more light on this :)

@all
....and one more thing abt docomo 3G...they said roaming was free!...today i moved from bangalore to chennai for the weekend.....as soon as I connected to the internet it said ' you are in roaming mode and will be charged extra than normal rates' !!:huh: ....and ofcourse the speed was slow as usual...10kbps avg.

Updated: Now I am not able to connect to the 3G n/w at all... gr8 going DOCOMO..!!!

Hi,

I have been using Tata docomo 3G for almost a month now. Believe me its crap !!. I got a 3.5 MB dongle. They promised me i will get atleast 1.3 mb but most of the time it does not even connect to the internet. Even if it does then it gives only around 10kbps speed (which is also not constant!!). There is frequent disconnection. Cant even open a simple webpage with this!
When I went to the 3G outlet they said that speed depends on how many users are using at a given time but does that mean I wont even be able to connect to the internet when i need it the most ???!!!?? Also just to prove my point I tried using the net at different hours, even at 3AM still I get crap speed only around 10kbp to 50kbps!!

Made a real mistake buying Tata Docomo 3g. Waste of money! This is worst than Tata Photon also :ishock:

Regards,
MK

-> DoT asks RCom, Tata to stop 3G services | Deccan Chronicle | 2010-12-21

-> Govt asks TTSL, RCom, others to stop launch of 3G services - Hindustan Times

-> Government sends notices to RCom, Tata Tele on 3G services - Business News - Business Review India

If you guys don't read newspapers, who's fault is it?

If you guys don't read newspapers, who's fault is it?

@mac302i
Did u read my comments properly? I said i have been using it for almost a month! This so called DoT issue came only on mid december.

i baught a Tata docomo 3g device 5 day back, at that time salesman said that i will get 3 to 4 mbps speed easily. but surprise to see that i am getting 20 kbps. i can not open even tata docomo home page. i am feeling cheated. Why they sell when they know that thay do not have network back up. i have called to call cntre and they are saying that some repair workis taking plaae and soon i will get 3g speed but my question is if already one month is lost than my 5 gb will be wasted which i got free. It is my advic to person reading this to avoid buying this or any 3g toggle for next 6 months because i do not think they people have enough towers to give us such high speed. and all sane people forget about 25 mbps which thay show in ad because i do not think any body is getting it in india.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back