Did I make a mistake by choosing Tata DOCOMO 3G?

• Thread starter Thread starter rupeshdnair
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 61,647
Status
Not open for further replies.
TATADOCOMO is doing something naughty :P Looks like he/she didn't realize when the link was pasted that it is some other link :D

Or probably that was some rare glimpse of their 3G life :wink: the same which we don't generally get to see :yahoo:

Aah, & the same is gone now :pleasehelp:
Anyways those were some rare fun moments !

Tata Docomo are clearly misguiding & cheating in name of providing 3G services. Here is my experience:

After buying a 3G enabled handset (Samsung Galaxy 3) few months back, I bought a Tata Docomo pre-paid SIM (which I was assured was 3G enabled) for trying out their 3G services. Initially 3G was not launched in my city (Pune), so I used the GPRS pack & was happy with the performance. Few days after 3G was launched in Pune, I bought a 3G recharge voucher worth 500MB. To my surprise, I was unable to get speeds beyond 128kbps. Just to be sure, I checked the speed (using the Speed Test app. on Android) in various locations around the city at different times, but the download speed never went above 128kbps.

I then called customer support many times, but they were totally ignorant & hopeless..unable to even understand the problem. I tried their online chat support & registered complaint there..shockingly, the complaint was closed without giving any reason or even informing me! After that I emailed their support ([email protected]) & explained the problem clearly. They replied back saying that the complaint has been forwarded to concerned dept. & they would get back to me soon. Someone called me, listened to my complaint again & told me that there was no speed cap & that 3G was activated for my account..he assured me that problem would be solved in 24 hours..but nothing happened. I kept on following up with daily email pressurizing them to resolve the problem.

Then they came clean & admitted that there was indeed a speed cap of 128kbps for my SIM which could not be modified now..what’s more, I would have to buy an e-Stick connection to avail 3G services. I got angry & explained that I do not intend to use 3G on laptop or desktop but only handset, so don’t need the e-Stick..but the support guy kept on repeating the same thing. Since then they have not called me further & keep on sending stock replies to my emails.

It is shameful that 2 reputed names of Tata & Docomo are involved in such openly fraudulent behaviour. I am going to post this story in as many online forums as possible to expose & highlight the blatant cheating practices followed by Tata Docomo till they solve my problem. I also plan to go to consumer court to make sure they at least refund my recharge amount, if not also activate 3G.

Has anybody else faced this kind of situation? Please post your experience & we will pressurize them into changing their behaviour & attitude.

are you on the 3G network??Just to be sure, go to network settings, and force it to 3G(UMTS)

Akash, I am quite sure I am on 3G..in fact the icon in my Android notification bar shows 3G/H (HSDPA), but the speed is capped at 128kbps..even Tata Docomo have admitted that..but point is that they have sold the SIM & 3G pack assuring 3G services which they are not enabling on my account.

Akash, I am quite sure I am on 3G..in fact the icon in my Android notification bar shows 3G/H (HSDPA), but the speed is capped at 128kbps..even Tata Docomo have admitted that..but point is that they have sold the SIM & 3G pack assuring 3G services which they are not enabling on my account.

Thats what I wanted you to check..
When you connect to net, if the 3G icon remains, or changes to 3.5G, it means you are on 3G network only. If it becomes E , it means you are shifted over to edge.
As you mention 128kbps, it is most prob. a server side issue, as that is the speed they cap their unlimited plans on after a fixed amount of usage

Anyways I'm lucky enough to have the opposite luck, on the Rs 49 EDGE plan, I can use 3G without any extra charges, and get speeds in excess of 1mbps, with 250 kbps stable, and youtube streaming without buffering

Normally when connected to net, I get the H icon which only sometimes changes to 3G when coverage is low..but this means that I'm mostly on HSDPA & should get decent speeds as you are getting..good for you to get 3G while paying for EDGE :)

i have seen 128kbps cap when using 3g with 2g data recharge in bangalore. did u send 3glife sms ?

same thing happened to me...my speed was also capped to 128kbps... i called customer care so many times... then they transfered my call to senior executive ... he first told me that i have to buy a new sim as the account speed cannot be changed.. i called him again and again :D he got frustrated and told me that he can change the account data speed and i have to wait for few hours then he called and told me that my speed has been increased. so now m getting 4 to 5 mbps speed :) .

guys , yes TATA docomo servers are just messed up. inspite of knowing the problem, cc executive and technical team will simply sleep on it. take my case itself, i had postpaid connection, had activated 3G , speed was capped at 128kbps, after calling repeatdly , they almost took me for granted , nothing happened and i said bye bye to mr. docomo. to solve problem, i bought 3-stick. used for about 2 months without issues, recently my area BTS has gone for a toss. no data is flowing, called up several time, but all in vein. TATA DOCOMO is the worst operator, oops did i say TATA docomo worst. truth is Airtel is Mr. docomo father. well guys Airtel docomo father son relationship has come recently.. dont know about other operator 3G services. may be once launched i can make their family:irock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back