Did I make a mistake by choosing Tata DOCOMO 3G?

• Thread starter Thread starter rupeshdnair
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 61,647
Status
Not open for further replies.
its a problem in their HLR i guess... for some intentional/unintentional purpose they capped ur sim profile to 128kbps in the hlr... now the prblem is the idiots in the cc will nvr evr be abled to understnd ur problem... pity to their noobness ... only soln is to talk to a senior xcutv and remv the cap.... btw bsnl also capped my 2g sim few months ago to 128kbps and to my srprise they remvd it on their own...

We understand your concern and also the issue that you have faced with us. We apologize for this. We would like to request you to send us your concerned Tata DOCOMO number and exact location details, so that we can check out the best possible solution to resolve your issue on priority from our end. Rest assured it will be taken care. please send us your details on social[at]tatadocomomarketing.com

Tata Docomo are clearly misguiding & cheating in name of providing 3G services. Here is my experience:

After buying a 3G enabled handset (Samsung Galaxy 3) few months back, I bought a Tata Docomo pre-paid SIM (which I was assured was 3G enabled) for trying out their 3G services. Initially 3G was not launched in my city (Pune), so I used the GPRS pack & was happy with the performance. Few days after 3G was launched in Pune, I bought a 3G recharge voucher worth 500MB. To my surprise, I was unable to get speeds beyond 128kbps. Just to be sure, I checked the speed (using the Speed Test app. on Android) in various locations around the city at different times, but the download speed never went above 128kbps.

I then called customer support many times, but they were totally ignorant & hopeless..unable to even understand the problem. I tried their online chat support & registered complaint there..shockingly, the complaint was closed without giving any reason or even informing me! After that I emailed their support ([email protected]) & explained the problem clearly. They replied back saying that the complaint has been forwarded to concerned dept. & they would get back to me soon. Someone called me, listened to my complaint again & told me that there was no speed cap & that 3G was activated for my account..he assured me that problem would be solved in 24 hours..but nothing happened. I kept on following up with daily email pressurizing them to resolve the problem.

Then they came clean & admitted that there was indeed a speed cap of 128kbps for my SIM which could not be modified now..what’s more, I would have to buy an e-Stick connection to avail 3G services. I got angry & explained that I do not intend to use 3G on laptop or desktop but only handset, so don’t need the e-Stick..but the support guy kept on repeating the same thing. Since then they have not called me further & keep on sending stock replies to my emails.

It is shameful that 2 reputed names of Tata & Docomo are involved in such openly fraudulent behaviour. I am going to post this story in as many online forums as possible to expose & highlight the blatant cheating practices followed by Tata Docomo till they solve my problem. I also plan to go to consumer court to make sure they at least refund my recharge amount, if not also activate 3G.

Has anybody else faced this kind of situation? Please post your experience & we will pressurize them into changing their behaviour & attitude.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

@ ALL,
we would like to assist you as well, please send us your issue along with your Tata DOCOMO number and we will escalate it asap.
you can use this ID social[at]tatadocomomarketing.com

@Tatadocomo I have sent the details as you have suggested by email..hope there will be prompt action on this from your side..

I'm happy to report that my problem has been resolved! I did not get a call or mail from TD, but when I just checked the access speed last night it now goes well beyond 128kbps..in the 1-2.5mbps range. I hope it stays this way now on..Thank you Tatadocomo..just wish you guys had done this much earlier without so much complaining..

Yah,i am totally Agree to you dude ..Its totally fraud We must skip this shit adds which makes people happy but they are the worst ever.They just trying this method to get customers so after that bll chapana start ho jayenge :P

The problem here is only people like us notice such fraud...Nobody in government wud notice this unless reported.....and even after reporting it will take them ages to decide.

Hello,
We understand that you might have faced the issue with our billing. We would like to advice you to address your all issue on social[at]tatadocomomarketing.com, so that we can look into it and will try our level best to reslove it asap.

Yah,i am totally Agree to you dude ..Its totally fraud
We must skip this shit adds which makes people happy but they are the worst ever.They just trying this method to get customers so after that bll chapana start ho jayenge :P

LOL @tatadocomo.So you still dont understand from the post itself what the problem is? Just because he used word "BILL" in his post, doesnt mean u copy-paste your standard "billing related" response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back