Do we need these channels on Tata Sky???

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,237

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Reposting due to thread was closed...:(
Hi guys,
Whilst we hear of lack of transponder space for Tata Sky, I was just wondering if we need channels like Cbeebies, BBC Entertainment, Sales Channel, Multiple Showcase channels.
BBC Entertainment and CBeebies are not 24 hours a day. Its actually a waste blocking the remaining free time, when its not showing anything at all.
We can actually have other channels in replacement for these. Showcase channels can be reduced, since besides showing ordinary movies and current re-runs of Saans Bahu and Baa Bahu etc.
Your thoughts guys??

1. CBeebies & BBC Entertainment even though displayed seperately on EPG are sharing same bandwidth on time sharing basis. 6 AM - 6 PM CBeebies and 6 PM - 6 AM BBC Ent, so its basically taking 1 channel space.
2. Showcase channels are main revenue generator for providers, but the costs should have kept low so more people would be encouraged to subscribe MOD. Also they should get Movies before it is telecasted on any Movie channel.
3. DD Regional channels are watched by some people, especially in some languages like Marathi, Gujarati, Oriya DD channels are good enough
4. 'All' regional channels from any particular language will never come on any national operator because of current TP space constraint, so they have to keep balance by getting atleast popular regional channels
5. Sales channel is actually for people who use same satellite, but not subscribed (like DISH used it FTA to advertise to DDD+ viewers) so viewers are attracted to service. It also gives information about new services/channels so this channel will never taken OFF

Reposting due to thread was closed...:(

1. CBeebies & BBC Entertainment even though displayed seperately on EPG are sharing same bandwidth on time sharing basis. 6 AM - 6 PM CBeebies and 6 PM - 6 AM BBC Ent, so its basically taking 1 channel space.
2. Showcase channels are main revenue generator for providers, but the costs should have kept low so more people would be encouraged to subscribe MOD. Also they should get Movies before it is telecasted on any Movie channel.
3. DD Regional channels are watched by some people, especially in some languages like Marathi, Gujarati, Oriya DD channels are good enough
4. 'All' regional channels from any particular language will never come on any national operator because of current TP space constraint, so they have to keep balance by getting atleast popular regional channels
5. Sales channel is actually for people who use same satellite, but not subscribed (like DISH used it FTA to advertise to DDD+ viewers) so viewers are attracted to service. It also gives information about new services/channels so this channel will never taken OFF

They can remove those active/inactive & help services. They can also remove the Sun package as it occupies a lot of space and also we need to pay Rs.50 (if we pay Rs.75 we can get Sun dth for that :wall:). Other than that you can't remove much.

I will not have 2nd DTH connection just fro sun package it wud cost more to me, because I watch all languages by sun, I watch TAMIL, TELUGU, KANADA , Malayalam so i have to pay 75 +25*3.

I will not have 2nd DTH connection just fro sun package it wud cost more to me, because I watch all languages by sun, I watch TAMIL, TELUGU, KANADA , Malayalam so i have to pay 75 +25*3.

No you will pay only Rs.125 totally. Tamil + Malayalam is one package. Kannada is another = 75+25=100 & Telugu is another =100+25=125. And you will also get many more channels which aren't available in TS.

But for other people these whole channels are waste. Moreover we can't even watch them unless we pay additionally. Out of 1 million not many will opt for it. Then why waste the TPs for channels with few takers?

Sales channel is actually for people who use same satellite, but not subscribed (like DISH used it FTA to advertise to DDD+ viewers) so viewers are attracted to service. It also gives information about new services/channels so this channel will never taken OFF

They can merge the help channel and sales channel together. The sales channel shows the same ad of 4 or 5 minutes duration again and again. If it is merged with the help channel, it will avoid repetition for sometime and also prompt the viewer to keep himself informed about TS services.

One more news for you. Sun has started giving all its channel for Rs.75. No more 3 seperate packages. Opps offtopic.

No you will pay only Rs.125 totally. Tamil + Malayalam is one package. Kannada is another = 75+25=100 & Telugu is another =100+25=125. And you will also get many more channels which aren't available in TS.

But for other people these whole channels are waste. Moreover we can't even watch them unless we pay additionally. Out of 1 million not many will opt for it. Then why waste the TPs for channels with few takers?

IF THERE A REGIONAL CHANNEL OPTION WHERE IF WE SELECT TAMIL PACKAGE WE DO NOT GET OTHER REGIONAL CHANNELS

ITS JUST LIKE SELECT RESPECTIVE REGIONAL CHANNELS

Hi Friends, I am from Middle East and would love to have few contributions with my knowledge whatever i have and will try to learn alot from you. Hope you people help me whenever i need any help. I have Tata Sky here and I am using this since 1 year.There are some pros and cons with it. Anyhow I had also seen Sun dth STB here.so will check how it is.

I like BBC Entertainment. It is serious entertainment. It is 100 times better than all the hindi entertainment channels. I don't think this should be removed. Similarly think about kids who like CBeebies. It is not us who are the only viewers of TS but also kids. Keep in mind CBeebies shows serious kids programs which are educational unlike other cartoon/kids channels.

Back