Does Tata DTH provide High Definition?

• Thread starter Thread starter brickhouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,942
B

brickhouse

I was thinking about changing from hathway to Tata,just wanted to know if their are any advantages?IF Tata doesn't provide HD then does any other operator in India?

I was thinking about changing from hathway to Tata,just wanted to know if their are any advantages?

IF Tata doesn't provide HD then does any other operator in India?

At present only Sun direct gives HD. There is no advantage with moving from Hathway. If it rains your picture goes in DTH. Packages are costlier. If you have hathway digital stb then you will find poor clarity with DTH. Don't believe in 'dvd' quality as ts claims.

DTH is some what costly thats the only point you have to remember if money is not a problem for you then choose TS or anyother DTH

The quality and sharpness is far better in Cable STB as compared to any DTH provider. The bandwidth available to DTH operator is quite less hence the encoding ratio is less which comprises on quality. If you see fast moving pictures you will find lot many square pixles. This you will not find in Cable STB as they have sufficient bandwidth. If you are moving from cable to DTH in terms of quality of picture and sound then stick to cable. Wait for DTH to launch DVR's with HDMI ouput....

The quality and sharpness is far better in Cable STB as compared to any DTH provider. The bandwidth available to DTH operator is quite less hence the encoding ratio is less which comprises on quality. If you see fast moving pictures you will find lot many square pixles. This you will not find in Cable STB as they have sufficient bandwidth. If you are moving from cable to DTH in terms of quality of picture and sound then stick to cable. Wait for DTH to launch DVR's with HDMI ouput....

100% agreed. Not even cable stb, but even normal cable is better quality and sound if given properly as they are transmitted via Cband.

totally agree that cable tv quality is not bad even without STB:wewin:

The operator also has a role to play. For instance, I had an STB on my cable connection, long before I took Tata Sky. I didn't notice any improvement in picture quality or sound during the swtich to DTH, but was definitely better was that I didn't have to put up with the cable guy's whims and fancies. It is another thing that I had to bow down to a corporate's strategies when I made the move to DTH

Back