Does Tata(Sky Provide DVD Quality Video ?

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 11,566
I dont understand why this argument is keep on coming if some one who is bothered about the quality of the picture then they can change as per wish the which they like are the better than the existing.......if some one is not complaining the about the picture quality it means he is happy or more than satisfied about the picture quality which he receiving........that is the reason we people have got choice to select and if we dont select the best and then complaining about our purchase and still persisting with them.........it means we are the loser in buying those product or still continuing with that product.....

People who are ballyhooing Tata Sky's picture quality seems to have very low expectations.

Most of the people (who are praising) seems are came after having a bad experience in their "Analog" cable broadcasting.

So quality seems for them is "not having any dots or pixelizations" in their screens.

I accept that Tatasky provides a crystal clear picture.
But it is not better than any optical media, may be equal to CD quality.

Picture Quality = Clarity, Depth, Sharpness, etc etc.

Tatasky just has Clarity.

They may better advertise as CD quality audio and CD quality video.

Also some people where talking about compression.
Even if they decreased the compression we can just see sharper images, it still won't have depth.

May be Reliance BigTV provide the "Best Picture Quality" among DTHs, as it employs component out.

You are wrong, I have been using satellite tv here in Qatar for 4 years. I switched to Tata sky to get more channels and I like the quality. It is the same as or better than what Pehla (Middle east Indian pay tv provider) broadcasts. Maybe not DVD quality but def not CD quality. Its much better then CD qualtiy (atleast the channels I watch: STarPlus, ESPN, TenSports, StarSports,HBO,StarMovies)...it would be unfair to say it is CD quality...and I have a 46" inch tv...if the quality was bad I would throw TS out the window...

Conclution:Quest: Does Tata(Sky Provide DVD Quality Video ?Ans: Yes, Tata(Sky Provide DVD Quality Video :dance::dance::dance:

You are wrong, I have been using satellite tv here in Qatar for 4 years. I switched to Tata Sky to get more channels and I like the quality. It is the same as or better than what Pehla (Middle east Indian pay tv provider) broadcasts. Maybe not DVD quality but def not CD quality. Its much better then CD qualtiy (atleast the channels I watch: STarPlus, ESPN, TenSports, StarSports,HBO,StarMovies)...it would be unfair to say it is CD quality...and I have a 46" inch tv...if the quality was bad I would throw TS out the window...

Please let me know about your definition of "Quality"
Tatasky may be equal or better than Pehla, but Pehla Satelites Services doesn't set any standards.

What inputs you use to view your optical based media?
HDMI, Component Out. ?
You are always saying that "I have 46" TV "
What many if not most people assume that if they don't see any pixelizations in their Big television it is because Tatasky providing good quality transmission.

But the fact is, most of the Big TVs and certainly your's has "good quality upscaler".

it upscales Tatasky transmission to fit your TV.

But i am accepting that Tatasky is better then Video CD.

Tata Sky may be equal or better than Pehla, but Pehla Satelites Services doesn't set any standards.

HDMI, Component Out. ?
What many if not most people assume that if they don't see any pixelizations in their Big television it is because Tatasky providing good quality transmission.

But the fact is, most of the Big TVs and certainly your's has "good quality upscaler".

Okay Ill explain, I never got TS since last 2 yrs coz i didn't like their quality (in comparison to Pehla, i used to see at cousins house in India)...but this yr when I saw i thought i had improved and so I got it...its just a personal opinion that Pehla was really good and to my surprise TS turned out to be better...however I can't say about regional channels because they are not in my package.

I also agree that Quality includes colour contrast, depth, precsicion (not just NO pixellations). I have also noted that foreign media (ie. Cricket in Australia, EPL, WWE, and Tennis) has a higher quality than the Indian cricket we see on Neo Sports. I was watching Australian Open and the Quality was near DVD (obviously that's a personal opinion) but cricket matches on Neo Sports are dull...on all DTH.

I connect TS and Pehla using the Red,Yell,White wires...not HDMI not Component.
I also watch Blueray using DVI input and ofcourse not DTH is anywhere near Blueray.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Tatasky may be equal or better than Pehla, but Pehla Satelites Services doesn't set any standards.

HDMI, Component Out. ?

about up scaling, you might be correct... but that shouldn't matter while comparing quality on same TV because the upscaling should occur on all media?

@ pranay91

Even though i have directly replied to your post.
My post was constructed towards all the users who participated in this topic.
So some of may comments may not apply to you.

But i have to clarify one point,
Most TVs may just show the Broadcasted Stream in it's resolution it self unless it is below 480i.

So i am taking back my statement that Tata Sky's feed may not be upscaled.

Conclution:
Quest: Does Tata(Sky Provide DVD Quality Video ?
Ans: Yes, Tata(Sky Provide DVD Quality Video :dance::dance::dance:

My conclusion after clarifying with Pranay is Tatasky may have near DVD quality in Foreign and some Prime Channels .

My conclusion after clarifying with Pranay is Tata Sky may have near DVD quality in Foreign and some Prime Channels .

Yes. And Tata Sky should improve the quality of Regional Channels (if the quality is not bad from source).
And also ppl should think before saying "ITS COMPLETELY DVD QUALITY", it isn't unfortunately even though this might be their opinion.

:thumbsup:

i do also have an cable connection in my home but its not that good so only i thought of having TS now i do own both CABLE and an dth:frown:

Back