Dolbi 5.1 Sound in SunHD???

• Thread starter Thread starter go4buck
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 15,138

go4buck

ISP
Net Plus
Hello,Yesterday i purchased SUNHD STB for 7500/- offer price exchanging my Airetl STB.AS they claim, i could not see any provision to connect 5.1 sound to my Philips 5.1 sound system. Phlips home theatre system can accept sound Input as AV only. I wonder how can i get 5.1 sound to philips ssytem....SunHD provides SPDIF output, but i dont know whether it will give 5.1 channel sound outupt.... Also my Philips sytem dont have that port... I can connect HDMI output of SUN HD to my samsung LCD from there i can get sound output in AV... But i can't see really a provision to get sound in 5.1 dolby miode... I am bit disappointed....What are the requirements needed to receive 5.1 sound to any DVD home theatre system..?Any one can help me? I will be thankful...

You need to connect the settop box to a home theatre which takes optical connection (SPDIF).Can you pls let me know the technical details of your HD channels. i.e, which satellite, frequency etc. I am not getting the HD channels.Thanks

Sun HD Samsung set top box not cuntains manual audio output.It has digital SPDIF Output. We can connect it to any home theatre systems that should have digital optical in. 5.1 audio from Discovery HD World and NGC HD are awesome. Now I also get DD HD service with stereo audio.

Back