Doubts about the authenticity of Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter blr_p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,476
  • Views Views 281,827
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the issue has died down due to attentional decay.

So, here is a short Summary:

User mgcarley posted on his twitter account a link* to a screencap of a photo album of his on facebook. In it were visible thumbnails of Speedtest.net test results showing Hayai as ISP. A query with the Speedtest partner Maxmind, who provide ISP info to Speedtest, established that there is no mention of Hayai in their database. So, those Speedtest images were doctored; mgcarley denies this. He said that Hayai has a IPv6 range allocated in their name, and that he would post a Speedtest.net hosted test result showing the name in the ISP field as Hayai. He would also consult with an employee/associate and provide Hayai's delegated ASN and IPv6 range.

*URL: (twitpic.com/983xjf), since deleted. Backup here, courtesy of board admin chromaniac.

Status (no longer maintained):

Speedtest.net hosted test result showing Hayai as ISP: pending since April 27, 2012 i.e. 8 weeks.

Hayai's delegated ASN: pending since April 27, 2012 i.e. 8 weeks.

Hayai's delegated IPv6 range: pending since April 27, 2012 i.e. 8 weeks.

P.S. Please avoid posting non-constructive posts after this one. Let this remain the latest post in the thread until mgcarley supplies the information & links.

P.P.S. mgcarley has posted a pic with the caption "I'm online with an HNS IPv6 address. Thanks @ripunjaybararia!". That's strange. Why is it worth mentioning? Hasn't he already been online with Hayai IPv6 addresses? That's what those Speedtests results from Feb/Mar 2012 show, as per mgcarley.

http://twitpic.com/9tiom4

I think there's no point in playing along with mgcarley's charade anymore. 8 weeks have elapsed and there's no sign of the trivial information requested.The admin should lock this thread for posterity's sake.

2. You've asked and I've told you that I'd like to organize a date and time for several people to come see a connection - if I'm going to bug a customer to allow some strangers into his house then I'd like to do that as few times as possible. Let me know a time (Friday or after, I'm out of India until 17th) and I'll happily demonstrate *something*.

3. This relates to #2. I've said publicly to people to contact me to organize a time, but you're one of maybe 2 or 3 people who have responded. I'd have imagined there would be more people than that wanting to see a connection delivering what we're promising.

Please, help me help you. Get in touch and help me organize something, even if it's only copper (it'll show what people can reasonably expect if they're like the majority who live in areas not yet covered by fiber). You want me to show you the spots where we've blown fiber underground recently while we're at it?

Can someone (This is for Mumbai folks) plan a 10-member visit ? Is no one interested in this option? Hope 10 is an ok-ish number.

But yeah, even I was hoping that we will see some progress (either way) in this thread by now.

Those who should be really "concerned" too are not interested to pay a visit....then how can u expect the others? My take on this is simple - lets not have any discussions......when he is ready, he will come here to post stuff. In fact i didnt understand the reason for svagyan to just re-ignite this thread! If someone has actually paid the money for it, & is concerned that Mg might run away with their money, then they should go and check out what he has posted - doesnt that sound logical? He has openly given u the details, u go and check out.....u r in a win-win situation really1) If the claims are true, they are true & u dont need to worry anymore.2) if the claims are false, then u have every reason to have ur money back.If i wanted a connection this badly, then i would have gone for sure....even if i hadnt paid the money. But right now i m not interested in getting that high speeds, coz what i have suffices me most of the times, except of course for Youtube videos! :D Or for that matter, any videos!

I think we should have strict rules for having sub-forum for any company. The reasonable condition should be minimum 50 subscriber connections (just a random number; can be debated). I find it hard to understand why there is no separate forum for Reliance (RIL) 4G when there is one for Hayai and Fibrenet. We can have all these things in 'proposed ISPs' or something but not a separate sub-forum.

would like to add that i do not mind adding new sections. ping me if you think a section that should be here is missing! i did get some request recently about a new section for music... maybe i should add one. we usually post music related posts to the entertainment section. i have a definite section for movies because movies are discussed here a lot. music? not that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back