Download speeds very low esp during daytime

Alright. I will go and scout around the Reliance mobile stores in my area. Hopefully the search will be fruitful and they will be willing to provide a connection in my area. Thanks a lot for your help. Really appreciate it.

do understand that reliance can be horrible if your local gateway does not have a proper power backup. it would go down with every single power cut and local guys would provide zero support.

Ahhh. So if I ask the sales guys about this would they be honest about it and tell me about any such issues? And is Reliance broadband in general consistent with regards to connectivity and speeds?

One of the BSNL guys from the exchange I know well was telling me that Reliance was close to taking over all the OFC (Or something like that) equipment that BSNL has. Apparently that would mean BSNL's FTTH instrumentation being taken over by Reliance and all their connections as well. I dunno if any of that is true and what the implications of the same are, because BSNL was going to start providing FTTH broadband in our area over the next 2-3 months. If that does happen, perhaps it would be easier to get a Reliance FTTH connection. I could make do with this BSNL one for 2-3 months if hat was the case.

I would not trust anything that the Reliance person would say wrt quality of service.
If you go for the 4mbps plan, you would get 3.2-3.4mbps.
The connection is decent. Sometimes there are routing problems which forces me to rely on VPN for a few hours.
But overall, I prefer it over the Airtel 4mbps connection I have as backup.

Reliance FTTH is called Metro Ethernet I think. Not sure if they have it on offer here in Gurgaon.

Well the way my BSNL connection has been going those speeds with an unlimited FUP would be much better. I am downloading a file from mega right now and the average speed is around 180 -200 Kbps.

I think the exchange person was perhaps talking about Reliance Jio's FTTH arm, which will likely roll out sometime this year. When they got the provisional license in Jun last year, I think they were looking to procure/establish a base/system in place for their overall network. And then enter into tieups with a lot of other local establishments to try and extend the reach of the to-be-rolled-out FTTH broadband to the remotest possible corners of most cities. How successful they have been/will be and when this dream becomes a reality, well only the future will tell.

I will just be happy to have Reliance/Airtel as competition for BSNL to break its monopoly in ,y area to improe their service and provide me with greater options as a customer and to not have to make do with whatever is available and however it works.

yup from past one and half month speed of BSNL broadband is low down specially in day time.i cant surf,cant gaming,neith download.All this is happened after the floods of Chennai.So after one and half month their lines are still not come back on track? no surprise after all its BSNL.other private oprators in chennai their system and line are ok after few days of flood.I ask my local BSNL employe in my area why BSNL running slo and he tell its fault from back and they dont know when its gonna ok..*** the bsnl

Back