EV-DO 2.4 mbps BSNL wireless modem- amazing speed upto 2Mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter John7777
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 162,235
Status
Not open for further replies.
6) Please also tell me about other cost involved other than Device Price also like:

Registration, Activation, Total Monthly charge when outright purchase is done,etc.

No charges

If i am not buying the usb modem, how much do i have to pay at the bsnl office for registration (deposit and other charges)??

Also what documents are needed to register?

i dont know ... i guess only BSNL would know ... :P hehe ... I guess with this pricing they going to make a killing in the market ... 550 is dirt cheap for such a wonderful connection with mobility ...

Hey John pal, you really one of the cool guys in this forum.

And the Credit for asking those informative questions goes to...goes to..Me...the Arnold991...

Hehe....I am the person who asked all these stuff to John, and he posted it here for the convenience of all...

Cheers for John :P :yahoo:
& Arnold Bro, Of Course :whistle:

Few more question:

1) So, you have cleared that for both 144kbps speed and 2.4mbps speed one modem and one pcmcia card is available.

But could you please check whether for 2.4mbps the modem is AC8700 or AC800 (as you have specified) ?

ZTEMT-Products & Solutions

2) So that means for 2.4mbps device both PCMCIA Card and USB Modem cost the same ? Rs6500

3) Does that mean PCMCIA is intended for Laptops and USB modem for Desktops ? (hehe..)

4) So do I have to fill up the form at Main BSNL Office or at Local Exchange to get my connectivity checked ? And can I refuse later if the strength of the signal comes out to be below acceptable limit ?

5) So the person don't need to buy the device in advance before the connection is checked ? So can I fill the form with peace of mind without buying the connecting device ?

6) As per the website of ZTE MG478 and MG8700 both support the 2.4mbps speed but not 3.1mbps supported by AC8710. So I think both can work for 2.4mbps connection.

Bro...please answer these questions...

I am just only worried about one thing what will happen if BSNL increases the price of the 2.4mbps connection ?

More Questions:)

7)What documents did you have to submit at the bsnl office, what forms did you fill up and how much net cash you had to pay to register with modem and without buying modem?

8)How far do you stay from the bsnl tower? Does your speed vary at different locations or is it constant?

9)Do you get consistent speeds throught out the day OR is the speed fast at night and bad during day?

For a wireless connection like EV-DO with increase in the number of users connecting simultaneously to a tower results in lesser individual speeds. It is just in the starting phase. So number of users is very less. But when the number rises, may be we will get just 256kbps. This is just a thought. I hope BSNL actively enhances its infrastructure with their subscriber base increasing. :thumbsup:

those who are using EVDO please post the areas where it is available.especially in north india.

Hi,,I have a problem,EVDO data card that BSNL provides,fits in PCMCIA only,
and the sad thing is my lappy does'nt have a PCMCIA,
It has Express card,internal Mini PI and USB ports,What alternatives do I have..

I want to know whether its possible to connect to BSNL EVDO network usig a
an EVDO card(for Eg.Novatel Ovation U720 EVDO USB Modem) and BSNL SIM

Regs
Cynthiya

Hi,,I have a problem,EVDO data card that BSNL provides,fits in PCMCIA only,
and the sad thing is my lappy does'nt have a PCMCIA,
It has Express card,internal Mini PI and USB ports,What alternatives do I have..

I want to know whether its possible to connect to BSNL EVDO network usig a
an EVDO card(for Eg.Novatel Ovation U720 EVDO USB Modem) and BSNL SIM

Regs
Cynthiya

Cynthiya then you should get EVDO Modem instead of PCMCIA Card. Below website has a nice review on it and required informations regarding it.

BSNL EVDO - Unofficial Website

And I have read somewhere that it's not possible to use other devices than the one supplied by BSNL because BSNL has done certain modifications to the Card/USB Modem. I think it was something like.."UIM", I don't remember exactly. :ashamed:

PS: I wonder where John is now. Must be enjoying 200kBps EVDO speed. John bro com here and answer the new list of questions. :whistle:

Thanks Bro,,
The page has something related to wht i hadbeen looking for,

Actually my laptop is a Dell 1420,which i bought outside india,
It has a dedicated mini PCI slot for the EVDO card and a sim slot underneath the battery pack-its more or less same as the UIM-user identification module on BSNL EVDO device)

I think,i have no other option but to use the USB EVDO device

FYI :see the link below
Feasability of swaping Vzw with Sprint EVDO miniPCI card : EVDOforums.com

Since the UIM slot is vacant on BSNL supplied device,may be the network connection settings are hardened in to the device at the time of shipment;avoiding the need of a SIM/UIM in the socket connect to the network

so thre is no possiblity of an alternative like the one mentioned in the link,

If somebody think that they know more on this subject,please put in their opinion

Regs
Cynthiya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back