EV-DO 2.4 mbps BSNL wireless modem- amazing speed upto 2Mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter John7777
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 162,234
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all..

I went to BSNLs office today to enquire about EV-DO. As you all said they told its available where ever CDMA coverage is there but told we can't use it outside the state. Now, I am not fully satisfied with that answer. What's the problem if we use it outside the state where there is EV-DO/CDMA coverage(Reliance and Tata are providing national roaming). Like I take a card from Bangalore and use it in Coimbatore(Both are EV-DO enabled). So it should be possible isn't?

Any body here have tried using it outside their state? Please comment.

Okie first of all a clarification - Tata and Reliance today offer CDMA 1x data only and not EVDO (upto 2.4mbps). This is with a max speed of 144kbps. BSNL also offer the same within a state. BSNL havent gone full mobility yet. They are going to do that in 2 months or so. After that i would think they would offer national roaming, both on CDMA 1x as well as EVDO.

Hi,Some points for clarifications,1) EVDO is not implemented in all states. it is still in trial stage in many places..Only Kerala and Bangalore is getting good coverage..2) Roaming is not possibile now..because of technological difficulty..testing is on that account going on now...3) EVDO will be implemented as to not cut the DATAONE users base.. so only where DATAONE is not viable CDMA/WLL/EVDO towers are placed now...4) so the signal strength not always same in every place..My hunch is increase the speed limit in DATAONE plans and better service, than give EVDO services even where DATAONE existed, will do that the two technology co exist with each other...because EVDO will struck at 2.4mbps whereas DATAONE can increase its speed more than 8 Mbps...Policy makers in BSNL should make their mind immediately,..because time is running out for them and the users are impatient now..with regards,vaithy

1) EVDO is not implemented in all states. it is still in trial stage in many places..Only Kerala and Bangalore is getting good coverage..

As far as i know, Bangalore is yet to get EVDO.

What is the difference between a normal internet connection and this?

Normal internet connection (if I am assuming correctly what you were assuming) works through your landline connection (copper wires,adsl technology)

Whereas EVDO works using CDMA Technology (Wireless). :thumbsup:

Normal internet connection (if I am assuming correctly what you were assuming) works through your landline connection (copper wires,adsl technology)

Whereas EVDO works using CDMA Technology (Wireless). :thumbsup:

So wireless technology can only provide 2.4mbps max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back